• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think that's 14 goals in 8 league games. Maybe Dixie Dean's top flight record really is under threat this season.
Needs 9 goals from his next 2 league games to match Marco Negri's start at Rangers.

50 league goals seems easily achievable given the amount of chances City will create.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
More sackings this weekend, but not Steve Bruce. West Brom were dung after he took over last season and even worse this season.
Speaking of dung, hello Leeds.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agreed. Dean's record total was 60, which has always been regarded as untouchable.
Messi got to 50 league goals one year, but I think the best recent scoring rate is Lewandowski, who got 41 in 29 games in 2020/21. You could see Haaland beat that rate, which puts 60 in play as long as he doesn't miss games.

Everybody knows he's great, but looking at his record Lewandowski is still probably massively underrated. He's scored 165 goals in 142 games aged 31-34. Salah feels properly prolific to me and he only has 160 in 264 since joining Liverpool.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m not sure Rafa could do much with this jumble sale of a squad the owner has inflicted on his manager. 23 new players is madness.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matty Taylor headhunted by the Championship yo-yo club. Didn’t see that coming.
Bit surprised he went to Rotherham, but not hugely bothered by this, hopefully we'll just keep bringing in young managers who want to work with one of the best yoof systems in the country, Yet we know as with playing staff they see us as a stepping stone. Ho-hum.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Decent goal from Jude there, can't wait to find out how England will **** up this generational talent.

Niall

International Coach
That was amusing watching United trying to force Ronaldo to score but it seems the chap is absolutely finished.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Forest have given Cooper a new three year contract. Doesn’t mean he won’t be sacked by Christmas, but it’s a bit unexpected.