• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't watched one second of any of these england matches out of pure churlishness, I read somewhere that the World cup would have started friday if they hadn't decided to sale what little of football's soul is left by going to Qatar. Don't seem i missed much. Yeah the nations League are a good idea, rather than friendlies, but not as any kinda consolation for a ****ing world cup. Oh and they didn't pick Ollie Watkins, clear Exonion bias, yeah he comes from Newton Abbott, but TBH if anyone had ever been to Newton Abbott, you would know why most people leave at the earliest opportunity.
I watched it last night, and I think you made the better choice. All I would say after watching the last couple of games is that it's pretty clear why Sterling doesn't game a game at City nowadays. If alternatives do come along, Southgate will need to make a tough call with one of his most regular starters. Hopefully the new Man Utd manager can kick-start of the careers of Sancho and Rashford, because we're not at all good in the final third. Grealish wasn't outstanding, but he was the only one who had a clue.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I didn’t watch any of the three games. They might not be friendlies, but as none of the starting line up are guaranteed to start at the World Cup they’re still being used in the same way.
Southgate has spent most of week defending his tactics of a using a back eight in tournament matches against the top nations.

In proper football news we’ve sold over 8,300 early bird season tickets and the new fixtures are out this week.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'm already looking forward to the 2026 world cup, everyone loves to play soccer in a theocratic rogue state while match temperatures reach 108 and the grass is a hastily shuffled in variant of artificial turf
I won’t know how I feel about it until the football starts. But that’s such a big change because usually I’d be looking forward to a World Cup for years.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Well that was pretty dire, one of the worst performances during my lifetime. Yet somehow the supporters were even worse. Just ignorant people. Absolute scum of the earth.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
New fixtures and hence new thread tomorrow. We should get someone random with no interest in football to start it in honour of Qatar hosting the World Cup midway through the season.