• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not exactly football chat, but this Wagatha Christie trial is amazing. Rebecca Vardy coming out of this looking like a huge ****.
Ha, yeah. I'm not too proud of myself, but have followed the updates in a manner best described as "avidly".

So many highlights:

-Rebecca Vardy shagged Peter Andre
-Peter Andre has a small todger
-She passed details of Danny Drinkwater's drink driving arrest to The Sun and texted her agent to say she wanted paying for it
-Her agent dropped her mobile phone off a ferry
-Her IT expert couldn't retrieve WhatsApp messages from back up because he'd forgotten the password
-Jamie Vardy thinks Riyad Mahrez is a ****

Priceless stuff. And she brought the libel action herself!

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently it is cheaper to fly to Menorca and spend the night, en route to London from Sunderland, than traveling directly these days

Niall

International Coach
I thought Frankfurt were the better team over the initial 90 mins, but Rangers shaded it in extra time, Kent will have nightmares about that chance in the last few mins.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I thought Frankfurt were the better team over the initial 90 mins, but Rangers shaded it in extra time, Kent will have nightmares about that chance in the last few mins.
I'm pretty sure VAR would have chopped it off as I don't think Roofe kept it in when he crossed the ball back.

This will take a while, because I don't think I'll ever see us with such a great chance at winning a European competition ever again. Taking the final to penalties when we had no fit strikers in the squad was a miracle.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
So this is what it feels like to actually want someone else's football club to lose and forfeit millions of pounds of TV revenue next season?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm pretty sure VAR would have chopped it off as I don't think Roofe kept it in when he crossed the ball back.

This will take a while, because I don't think I'll ever see us with such a great chance at winning a European competition ever again. Taking the final to penalties when we had no fit strikers in the squad was a miracle.
Feel for you chap and I know at the moment any half-arsed attempt at rationalisation is going to feel like I'm taking the Mickey Bliss, but it was only 14 years since your last final and you've had bankruptcy and demotion to the fourth tier in-between times.

Reckon you'll be right.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel for you chap and I know at the moment any half-arsed attempt at rationalisation is going to feel like I'm taking the Mickey Bliss, but it was only 14 years since your last final and you've had bankruptcy and demotion to the fourth tier in-between times.

Reckon you'll be right.
Agreed, they're going nowhere. Much like with Liverpool, the OTT sentimentality of Rangers can feel pretty cringe to outsiders, but it's one of the most enduring assets a football team can have.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Reckon you'll be right.
Nah, by rights we should have been nowhere near this final. The starting XI last night cost us about £13m to assemble, there's ****ing Championship squads which cost more than that.

The Europa League itself has become a closed shop for clubs in big leagues - last night was the first time in 11 years it hasn't been won by a team from Spain or England, and we were the first 'small league' finalists since Ajax in 2017.

Even the Conference League had Italian, English and French sides in the semis and we'd have to **** things up pretty badly to drop down to that league.

This was our shot, and unlike 2008, it was a match that was winnable.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Noooo, I worked so hard to suppress those memories
Weird, I was randomly wondering the other day why Lehmann completely gets away with having single-handedly lost you the biggest game in the club's history. This must be why.