• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he's not exactly De Bruyne, I just think his passing and decision-making has improved to the point where it's no worse than your average player and the narrative hasn't really caught up because his goals/assists numbers still suck for other reasons. The Wolves fans I know used to complain about him a lot but now they just unreservedly love him.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It's on the Athletic so unless you've got a sub it won't be of much use, but here it is anyways:

Cheers.

Weird how they're skipping over the biggest scandal though, when Juventus just decided to cancel going to the US because of Ronaldo's history.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair play to Willian if he has walked away from his contract at Arsenal to go home and play. Many players would sit on their arse taking the cash.
Lol, we're that ****e. Don't completely believe we aren't paying him a reasonable amount for the next couple of years though

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If it's saved Arsenal £20m, regardless of what he's still being paid, he's still done Arsenal a massive favour.

However the decision to give him a massive three year contract must be up there with Liverpool signing Andy Carroll levels of infamy.

duffer

I find it hard to believe he left that much money on the table. However, maybe being at Arsenal any longer was that horrible of a scenario for him that he thought, **** it I'm going. Very possible...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Desperate rumours this morning about Arsenal making a deadline day move for Max Aarons. I'll believe that when I see it.

duffer

Wouldn't mind it. Hector is going to Betis and we've pissed off Ainsley. It's a priority position we've made a mess of again.

duffer

Oh yeah I'd be super up for it, I just can't see it happening.
Realistic scenario for us would be outgoings of Kolasinac and Runnarson and maybe some loans incoming like Aouar.

My expectations have been well and truly managed.

Uppercut

Dan James going to Leeds for £30m got me thinking about the last time we got a good deal on a sale. You have to go back at least 15 years to when we got 14m euro for Van Nistelrooy, which I think of as a clever sale but not everyone would agree. You could say we got a good deal on Beckham, but we missed him badly for a few years after he left. Before that it's the 90s. We must be the worst club in the world at selling players.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dan James going to Leeds for £30m got me thinking about the last time we got a good deal on a sale. You have to go back at least 15 years to when we got 14m euro for Van Nistelrooy, which I think of as a clever sale but not everyone would agree. You could say we got a good deal on Beckham, but we missed him badly for a few years after he left. Before that it's the 90s. We must be the worst club in the world at selling players.
Stam? Though I guess that was nearly 90s too.

Pothas

Was Ronaldo a good sell as well? Definitely a great buy for Madrid but United probably could not have done much better.

Uppercut

Stam? Though I guess that was nearly 90s too.
Ferguson said that selling Stam was the worst transfer decision he ever made, and he has a case.

Was Ronaldo a good sell as well? Definitely a great buy for Madrid but United probably could not have done much better.
I mean we sold him for a fraction of what he was worth. Maybe circumstances forced us to accept a terrible deal, but it's still a terrible deal.

duffer

Overmars is still our record sale at 36m. My god, we have sucked at recruitment after Dein was booted from the club.