• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Grecian is Bowman any good?
He's alright, big old lump, get's about a bit, misses a lot of chances. If we had a striker that could feed off him we'd have probably got promoted, but we had Ajose and Seymour. Streak scorer, doesn't score for ages then has a ridiculous run, not sure I like that, think I'd rather someone to just nod the odd one in every 2 or 3 games.

Means we need to sign about 8 players, we like a lot of clubs lower down are playing brinkmanship, players and agents seem to still be expecting pre-covid wages, and obviously a lot of us don't want to pay it, and hope we can pick up quality bargains later on. Mexican stand-offs all round.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not half as excited about the prospect of Maddison as I would have been 1-2 years ago tbh.
Similar situation to Neves tbh. Great potential but stagnated. Maybe a change in scene can kick it back into gear for him?

Apparently very breaky though, never bodes well with our medical department.

WICFan

U19 Captain
Memphis to Barca. Koeman trying to shape his own team while fighting with Laporta huh...
Don't think Garcia will be the answer to their defensive frailties but it's not a bad Summer for them so far.

Getting some value back for the likes of Coutinho will be a task in the current climate.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
New EFL fixtures are out. Rotherham away on day one, Gillingham first home game, Wimbledon at home for the first game of 2022.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Home game first for us which is good as my sister is having a 40th birthday party on opening day, and didn't seem amused when I told her my attendance was tentative until I knew the fixtures (and Covid rules on away games)

Furball

Evil Scotsman
UEFA scrapping the away goals rule:

Seems like a positive step, although I'm not in favour of ties which are level after 180 minutes going to extra time in that case, as that gives the side playing at home in the 2nd leg an advantage.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
UEFA scrapping the away goals rule:

Seems like a positive step, although I'm not in favour of ties which are level after 180 minutes going to extra time in that case, as that gives the side playing at home in the 2nd leg an advantage.
Suurey you could say the same about penalties?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Rangers I think are the only team to lose a penalty shoot out and go through on away goals. In the early 70’s both matches finished 3-2, so it was 5-5 on aggregate. In extra time the score went to 6-6 on aggregate. Rangers were away in the second leg so eventually went through on away goals. But the referee mistakenly believed away goals in extra time didn’t count double so they had a penalty shoot out that Rangers lost. They were awarded victory later when the referee’s mistake was rectified.
Life was so much simpler in those days. :oops:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Rangers I think are the only team to lose a penalty shoot out and go through on away goals. In the early 70’s both matches finished 3-2, so it was 5-5 on aggregate. In extra time the score went to 6-6 on aggregate. Rangers were away in the second leg so eventually went through on away goals. But the referee mistakenly believed away goals in extra time didn’t count double so they had a penalty shoot out that Rangers lost. They were awarded victory later when the referee’s mistake was rectified.
Life was so much simpler in those days. :oops:
Against Sporting Lisbon in the Cup Winner's Cup. We went on to win the trophy that season.