• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite enjoyed my ifollow experience this afternoon.

Also probably time to make my first Ivan Toney is quite good at football post.
Do you feel that your play a slight bit over the odds for lower-league talent may be emulated, I mean I know you have metrics and cleverness all-round, but in the end, good systems are made to be copied.

I mean Watkins was the young player of the year in the entire EFL, you gave a great offer, but it wasn't exactly a secret, exactly like Toney.

grecian

Jota is ****ing good isn't he? didn't a few journos go on the he's not really the kind of great signing Liverpool need angle. In the end they aren't really able or willing to sell their three big forwards, covid means they wouldn't get optimum price anyway, so they needed a decent fit in forward, if any of the others were injured.

I agree though the recruitment in other areas has been hugely sub-par.

Pothas

Do you feel that your play a slight bit over the odds for lower-league talent may be emulated, I mean I know you have metrics and cleverness all-round, but in the end, good systems are made to be copied.

I mean Watkins was the young player of the year in the entire EFL, you gave a great offer, but it wasn't exactly a secret, exactly like Toney.
Yeah we are generally known for buying these players that nobody has heard of but as you say everyone knew about Watkins and Toney. Having said that loads of League One strikers have gone up to the Championship in recent years and not really succeeded so all about picking the right ones.

Think we might have faced more competition for Toney in other years, nobody had any money to spend this summer and we had the Watkins money.

grecian

Yeah we are generally known for buying these players that nobody has heard of but as you say everyone knew about Watkins and Toney. Having said that loads of League One strikers have gone up to the Championship in recent years and not really succeeded so all about picking the right ones.

Think we might have faced more competition for Toney in other years, nobody had any money to spend this summer and we had the Watkins money.
I Should have mentioned it in the post, that it's not just picking rated players, it's picking the right ones, which is what you've done, I am thinking maybe mega-bucks team may just buy them all over-price hoping for a gem, but as you say Covid may stop this

grecian

FFS this Moyes Souness crap, he's kicked his ****ing ankle, it's a pure definition of a penalty.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rangers’ defence continues to be obscenely good and I’m worried Gerrard might actually be a decent manager.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Why does a team winning some games and then losing some games make them a myth?
Yeah I don't get it. And while we are on the subject I hate it when people throw the word fraud about when someone has a bad game.

grecian

Why does a team winning some games and then losing some games make them a myth?
no idea, seems odd, on balance of play they probably deserved something out of that match, but in the end they are a mid-table team I reckon, and thats fine for them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Rangers’ defence continues to be obscenely good and I’m worried Gerrard might actually be a decent manager.
It's not just the clean sheets - I haven't seen today's game but in the 7 games prior to today's I think we'd conceded something like 3 shots on target.

Gerrard and the team he's got behind him are genuinely excellent. Here's hoping he at least sees out his contract at us.

grecian

Gawd this is ****e, rather than just winding up Chris Gayle fans, I will reprise my comment about remember when Chelsea-ManU was a relevant match and replace Chelsea with Arse.