• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Niall

International Coach
No disrespect to the City fans here, but I genuinely don't understand how they are favourites to win the league over Liverpool.

Pains me to say this, but this team is absolutely elite.

City are top and best of the rest, but have they closed the gap that much from last year when Liverpool won by 200 points?

Doubtful

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No disrespect to the City fans here, but I genuinely don't understand how they are favourites to win the league over Liverpool.

Pains me to say this, but this team is absolutely elite.

City are top and best of the rest, but have they closed the gap that much from last year when Liverpool won by 200 points?

Doubtful
I think it is more the anti liverpool fans tbh
Think the VVDnjury was the one they had been waiting for. Who knows though still think Spurs may Nick it just coz the World doesn't seem to be getting any better...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That said, almost 12 months to the day ago City also absolutely shredded Atalanta 5-1 despite playing awfully in the league at the time.
Last season City would inexplicably lose the odd league game then respond by smashing their next opponents 5-0. This season they don't look like doing that at all.

Pothas

I know this season is actually shorter but it feels longer with all the games being played. Feels like you just need to get through it at the moment.

Ivan Toney is still good. Miss Benrhama though.

grecian

Our match definition of meh really want to get top 3 before it is all shutdown though so could have done with Seymours easy chance going in last minute

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah that's three Tuesdays in a row for us and we've got a game next Wed in the B Team Cup

The big difference for me this season is I don't tend to know who we are playing beyond the next game or two. I normally arrange my life around the fixtures but obviously there is no need.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Our match definition of meh really want to get top 3 before it is all shutdown though so could have done with Seymours easy chance going in last minute
Genuinely don't know the rules but surely PPG can't come in unless we've all at least played each other once

Pothas

Yeah that's three Tuesdays in a row for us and we've got a game next Wed in the B Team Cup

The big difference for me this season is I don't tend to know who we are playing beyond the next game or two. I normally arrange my life around the fixtures but obviously there is no need.
Yeah same.

Brentford had that such intense experience after lockdown as well so not really a surprise it feels a bit more of a slog now. We are in a reasonable position but it would just feel so much better if there was a prospect of actually being able to go to games in the new year.

grecian

Yeah surely would just be cancelled if it did not get to halfway.
There was definite talks in the Southern league level of having results after 7 games I think? Yeah probably nonsense, but the **** knows nowadays.