• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think he's ever played a first team game, but he's been in the books as a reserve for basically forever, so I guess he must at least be fairly well rated if he's been kept around for so long.

Niall

International Coach
Spending an extra 15 quid to watch West Brom v Burnley in the worst economic era for decades. :wub:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just me that thinks fans moaning about paying £15 a time for PPV games smacks of entitlement?
It costs a tenner for each EFL game unless you've got a season ticket. Given the quality of both football but also production, presentation and accessibility, it seems reasonable enough. I'm with you for sure.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ve made that argument about tickets for the games before. I don’t know if I ‘agree’ with the decision of clubs to raise prices, given what it does to atmospheres, generational effects, and so on. But my dad used to pull all kinds of **** to take me to one game a season at OT and those trips meant everything to 8-year-old me, so it always stung a bit when people acted like they had a God-given right to see every game for a fraction of market price.

All I can think of here is how the **** did they think £15 was the optimal price point? Seems like a wild miscalculation to me.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah seems a lot to me.

They also seem to be acting as if it is only a short term thing and that fans will be back soon which is just obviously not going to be the case.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's $15AUD a month for Prem over here. $25AUD per game seems a little stiff to me.
Unless I'm mistaken, this is just for games that if we weren't in upside down land wouldn't be televised in the UK. And so is to replace the matchday income for those games, so to speak. I don't know how much an adult ticket costs in the Prem but £15 was a cheap ticket in the conference so the theory stands that it's going to be less than people would have spent. Especially when you consider that people will pool it between mates etc (even if they have to sneak in through the backdoor in case lockdown snitches are watching)

I guess the flipside is they may sell more viewings than they would tickets but then again I genuinely don't know how true that is for the non huge clubs and also they obviously make a lot more money than just tickets on match day.

Far be it from me to defend the prem but I can see the logic. I also suspect a lower price would have ensued in a lot of noise aimed at the EFL and that's the last thing the top brass in and around the prem want right now

grecian

On a purely parochial point, I am against it, as it might make some of those weird two-team supporting people pay for their glory bollocks other than Ifollow, for teams that really need it.

only so much money to go around, more filtering to the top, not great IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It costs a tenner for each EFL game unless you've got a season ticket. Given the quality of both football but also production, presentation and accessibility, it seems reasonable enough. I'm with you for sure.
It costs a tenner for each Rangers game...unless you're a season ticket holder which in my case means I've paid over £700 for the same stream as someone paying £10 a game.

grecian

Happy with a last minute equaliser obviously, but still 2 points dropped, Sarfend are rubbish.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

I don't really mind either way but it does feel like there should be clear parameters. Made the point all the sweeter though.

grecian

Just hoping no-one comes in for a cheeky bid for Joel Randall, though Randell Williams can go TBH, been rubbish so far this season and wants out clearly.