• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Am I right in saying that's 3 different players who have scored 20+ goals for Brentford in the last 3 seasons?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep Maupay and then Watkins both got 25 so Toney is already level with them. There are some penalties in there (his penalties are great) but even so it is pretty mad. 9 assists as well.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
We will also have three players on 20+ per each of the last three completed seasons come the end of this one.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We will also have three players on 20+ per each of the last three completed seasons come the end of this one.
Stats guys reckon Vaughan is the second or third best striker in the league this season. So much better than you’d have had any right to expect when you signed him.

Uppercut

Yep Maupay and then Watkins both got 25 so Toney is already level with them. There are some penalties in there (his penalties are great) but even so it is pretty mad. 9 assists as well.
I couldn’t remember anyone scoring at that rate before so I was checking the record for goals in a championship season. 32 would be the best since 1993, definitely doable. Guy Whittingham got 42 that year though, and didn’t even get promoted.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I couldn’t remember anyone scoring at that rate before so I was checking the record for goals in a championship season. 32 would be the best since 1993, definitely doable. Guy Whittingham got 42 that year though, and didn’t even get promoted.
Only missed out on goals scored I think. We finished 4th but a mile back from Pompey

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Stats guys reckon Vaughan is the second or third best striker in the league this season. So much better than you’d have had any right to expect when you signed him.
We had him on loan last season but obviously it was cut short. He was pretty meh at first and then finding some form when the season got culled. We were all glad when we signed him but I did not expect anything like the output.

Not only does he score goals for fun but his all round play is phenomenal. For our second today he won us the ball back with a centre halfs tackle and diverted it to Woollery who did the rest. He probably has more set piece clearances to his name than our centre backs. Almost a shame a player this good is playing L2 at 32.

The edgy Tranmere fans are quick to say how much better than Norwood he is, because its cool to talk down our last promotion side. But honestly I don't know which one of them I'd pick to lead the line tomorrow if I had to. The one thing Norwood has I guess in his favour is the team supplying Vaughan is so much better its not funny and yet Norwood got 30 league goals

Uppercut

Yeah the system isn’t kind to late bloomers. If you’re great at 22 but average at 32 you’ve almost definitely managed to get a big contract at a high level at some stage, but if you’re average at 22 but great at 32 that’s very unlikely. I reckon Vardy might not even have made it to the premiership if he didn’t play for a team that got promoted. Nobody’s really looking for an older star from a lower tier.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We’ve been on a great run this year and lost to Northampton who hadn’t won a game all year. That’s why we love football, but not necessarily at the time.