• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's just doing it for clicks at this point. Any time City have any success it's the same old tired article. 2 months ago he was talking up an era-defining 7-0 win for Liverpool, and how they couldn't be caught in the league. Just a ****-spouting buffoon.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know the specifics of what this is all about, but in general I think the benefactors are good for football. Without the oil barons and even the crook at Chelsea a club like Man Utd if run properly would swamp everyone else as they're practically a license to print money in their own right.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Taking this thread backwards for a sec. The fact that Graeme Potter is going to fail at the project 'make Ben White the English Maldini' means that he is no good as a coach. :yes: Yes I am griping because they wouldn't sell him to Leeds during the off-season, and now our defense (mostly due to injuries to the defenders we did actually buy) is one of the worst in the league.

Moving on Tuchel is already doing a job with Chelsea eh? That win at Atletico is definitely something I would not have expected Lampard to pull off.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I don't know the specifics of what this is all about, but in general I think the benefactors are good for football. Without the oil barons and even the crook at Chelsea a club like Man Utd if run properly would swamp everyone else as they're practically a license to print money in their own right.
I mean I hate the ridicule English fans give to foreign leagues but I don't get the outrage at oil money that some have but then also ridicule the German league and Leipzig 'selling' Upamecano to Bayern (not like Upamecano had a release clause or anything). Leipzig are a special case with their RB link and developing youth is their policy more so than most other clubs but if you don't have a super-rich external owner to help you out you can't just give Upamecano a new 200k a week contract and promise signings collectively worth over £100mil in the summer. And yep without us or City it would have been a lot more one-sided the Premier League. Just looking at past winners - in the first 21 years of the Premier League - Man Utd win 17 times if you look at the highest placed side that isn't Chelsea or Man City. Arsenal win the other 4 times.

Atleti and Spanish football in general is absolute baws at the moment.
Think that underplays the achievement from us tbh, this was an Atletico side that knocked out a prime Liverpool side last season and are arguably even stronger now. This time last week had only lost once in the League and UCL combined since October and that was against Real Madrid. Not an ideal couple of games v Levante but they've not become a bad side overnight. Just hope we can see the job through in the 2nd leg as Joao Felix will only be fitter and better having just come back from Covid recently.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I went to three. We lost the two league games I went to but beat Man City U21. Its to my eternal shame that I went to the latter, but when times are hard...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly this has nothing to do with VAR, just Lee Mason's incompetence, same thing happened with a Mark Cooper free-kick at Elm Park in the 90s.
It was Lee Mason’s fault. But he rightly ruled the goal out based on his second whistle and it took five minutes to sort out due to VAR.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was Lee Mason’s fault. But he rightly ruled the goal out based on his second whistle and it took five minutes to sort out due to VAR.
He didn't rightly rule anything out, he used VAR as a crutch, goal should have stood.

This is actually my main problem with VAR is it takes away from the incompetence of idjits like Mason.