• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What’s not to like about Brentford? Played the best football in the league on the smallest budget in the league for years.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I don’t have any thoughts either way on Brentford, but it would be funny if West Brom miss out. They sacked their manager last season when they were 4th in the table. I doubt that the current incumbent came cheap.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Honestly do you really believe that financially it was remotely sane to play with no revenue streams coming in. Look I understand your belief that things should be void, but SEP/October is a long way off, and as they say they are thinking of ways to get fans in, setting up viewing events, and getting ways to watch online in this country, none of this could be set up overnight. The 2 metre to 1 meter thing will be a massive difference, particularly in setting up viewing events.

Teams were able to furlough, which probably kept many going, playing would have been suicide for many clubs.
No they shouldn't have necessarily played but what's different if it's behind closed doors in September? It was very convenient for a vast majority to end the season and not just for financial reasons

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What?s not to like about Brentford? Played the best football in the league on the smallest budget in the league for years.
Well, me and Pothas used to have friendly banter about how I annoyed I was they were on TV at the time, but no it isn't that.

Ollie Watkins, going to be in the Prem next year,if Brentford go up he'll probably stay with them, if they fail they'll probably flog him, we are on 20%, could be the difference between a desperate season of struggle with little optimism for the future, or being in a stronger financial position than 95% of our rivals. Remember play-off cost us about 80K which our rivals didn't have to pay out as they were forloughed, which brings me too....

No they shouldn't have necessarily played but what's different if it's behind closed doors in September? It was very convenient for a vast majority to end the season and not just for financial reasons

I gave you a number of reason, possible revenue streams by then is eveything though.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Someone was always going to feel shafted, but it’s not like Tranmere wouldn’t have done the same if their position with Wimbledon was reversed.

I’ve never watched iFollow, but it seems like that or similar pay per view ********* service for all matches is being sought as a major source of revenue.

grecian

Someone was always going to feel shafted, but it’s not like Tranmere wouldn’t have done the same if their position with Wimbledon was reversed.

I’ve never watched iFollow, but it seems like that or similar pay per view ********* service for all matches is being sought as a major source of revenue.
Yes, basically every Exeweb match thread, starts with people on forn shores saying it isn't working, so not got a lot of faith, but I'll pay for it if there's no other option i suppose.

Dara O'Shea was at Loan at Exeter for awhile....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I used ifolllow for any Tuesday aways I couldn't go to. Not the best quality but decent enough. When the covid stuff got serious I assumed that was the way they'd go tbh. Never crossed my mind that they'd just not finish the season.

Pothas

This was really fun until now. It suddenly got real and I am now convinced we will lose tomorrow.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha I was just thinking that. The moment when you become favourites to pull it off is when the pants start getting ****.

Pothas

There was no prospect of automatic promotion when football started again.

Just in case anyone was wondering about the wisdom of ending the season on PPG....

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
West Ham safe (though not quite mathematically). Brighton also not mathematically safe. Chris Houghton got sacked last season, the current bozo was given a six year contract.