• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Argentina not much good in 2014 either from what I remember.

No midfield, iffy defence, clawed way to final on the back of several individual performancee.

Colombia were the best team in that tournament I thought.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from 2010 when they were horrible. I mean it might just be the final but I can't remember them being good to watch the rest of the time either.
Oh/ I agree it was one of the most cynically awful final performances ever, they should have lost 6 nil, with 6 players sent off, but as Scaly kept on saying Webb had a great game, but I thought they were good up until then, and TBH, no idea why they went in with that tactic. Spain were quite dithery and inneffctive a lot of the time no cutting edge,.

grecian

I had forgotten how much Scaly hated that Spain team.
Them and Henry, saw his twitter feed, not shockingly he's a full Trump-loving media are fake news merchant, still he could beat me at Scrabble so what the **** do I know.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh/ I agree it was one of the most cynically awful final performances ever, they should have lost 6 nil, with 6 players sent off, but as Scaly kept on saying Webb had a great game, but I thought they were good up until then, and TBH, no idea why they went in with that tactic. Spain were quite dithery and inneffctive a lot of the time no cutting edge,.
Germany were beautiful that tournament, possibly the best World Cup team to watch this century. Them or Argentina '06.

Spain beat them well enough in the semi so they'd have a fair argument, but it definitely wasn't Holland.

grecian

Germany were beautiful that tournament, possibly the best World Cup team to watch this century. Them or Argentina '06.

Spain beat them well enough in the semi so they'd have a fair argument, but it definitely wasn't Holland.
Fair enough, as I say those branch of World Cups weren't my faves, as I said thought it might be interesting to see peoples views on whom should have won rather than did.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Argentina not much good in 2014 either from what I remember.

No midfield, iffy defence, clawed way to final on the back of several individual performancee.

Colombia were the best team in that tournament I thought.
A while ago now but I’m pretty sure it was just Germany. I think they were huge favourites even before the 7-1.

I thought Brazil were probably the best team in 2018, completely dominated Belgium in the game they lost. The narrative around them was ‘isn’t Neymar a ****’ so the fact that they were really very good kinda got lost.

Pothas

Brazil were decent but France went through the whole thing without needing extra time and there was never really any point when they really looked like losing. I know they never really looked amazing but they just had better players than everyone else.

Pothas

Germany were fair winners in 2014 but they definitely had their dodgy moments, could have lost to Algeria.

Matteh

Germany were fair winners in 2014 but they definitely had their dodgy moments, could have lost to Algeria.
But 7-1 in the Semi!

Definitely something in that no-point smashing the group stages and limping out the knockout rounds.

grecian

I hated that Spain team, made games so dull to watch.
I kinda agreed, they were Barcelona without Messi, but Scaly's hate was as often off all reasonable scales, and yes they deserved to win that final,

Last edited:

Pothas

But 7-1 in the Semi!

Definitely something in that no-point smashing the group stages and limping out the knockout rounds.
Oh yeah the 7-1 was ridiculous (although a lot of that was down to Brazil) and they definitely deserved to win the tournament. Teams very rarely win a tournament without a close game, Brazil 2002 the clearest winners I can think of but France last time were pretty close to that.

grecian

Christ, re-tweets of Farage's attempt to stay relevant, plus standard incel stuff really.
But he HAS A GIRLFRIEND

Only a fraction of Nazis committed atrocities too. We still blame Nazism for those acts of evil. Islam is responsible for so much misery and death in the world. Whether it's inbreeding, beating/killing women, slavery, persecution & prejudice, jihad. All emanate from Islam.
This my fave response from him for such an intelligent, in some ways guy, how easy is that reasoning to poke holes in. I mean how many Christians have done bad stuff. or any ****ing religion.

or this
It was Labour under Gordon Brown that created the debt. You don't take a deficit from £160bn to 0 in a year. And each year racks up debt and interest making the problem bigger. Brown's effect was fairly immediate. Blair's open borders policy has taken longer to devastate the UK.

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
**** me he may be the king of nine letters, but it only takes a second word for his brain to absolutely scramble into dribbling idiot levels