• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, the absence of a crowd emphasises to me that organised sport is just grown men running around in PE kits and then I feel silly for watching it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's got nothing to do with the quality of it, I just find the whole thing very weird.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watched the Dortmund game yesterday, and really enjoyed, can't say I was hugely bothered about the crowd, but they are just great to watch as always. Tried watching the Bayern match after, but gave up when they inexorably went 1-0 up. Next weeks match should be a barn-stormer, but if, as they probably will, Bayern win, it'll be over.

Pothas

It felt less weird this week and the football has been really fun. It is never going to be the same with no crowd but as good as I could have hoped for.

grecian

It felt less weird this week and the football has been really fun. It is never going to be the same with no crowd but as good as I could have hoped for.
Yeah, will watch Leipzig this week, despite them being the MK Dongs of German Football, just to see a kid who I often saw at my local LiDL sit on the bench, they were really poor last week though.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the crowd thing would be easy to get over if people really wanted to, but most are ambivalent about football being played anyway so use it as a reason to reject the whole endeavour. It makes a bit of a difference for sure but football is really about what happens on the pitch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think the crowd thing would be easy to get over if people really wanted to, but most are ambivalent about football being played anyway so use it as a reason to reject the whole endeavour. It makes a bit of a difference for sure but football is really about what happens on the pitch.
I think it depends what it is about live sport that you enjoy tbh.

grecian

I often watch sport with the sound off, most comm/analysts annoy me, so honestly not a problem at all for me. Yet you are quite right, I desperately want it back so was never going to have a problem, the people that bang on about generally don't want it back until everything is totally safe.

grecian

Not sure I can watch the next match, as I know nowt about either team. Except maybe Tony Woodcock played for Cologne?

Matteh

Not sure I can watch the next match, as I know nowt about either team. Except maybe Tony Woodcock played for Cologne?
Former brief Blackburn Rovers loan spell player Anthony Modeste for Koln. Lukas Podolski is the best player Koln have had in modern times. They used to have the infamous Toni Schumacher in goal and Littbarski who was in the 1990 WC winning team and Thomas Hassler who was in the 1990 WC and 1996 EC teams.

Former Rangers player Jorg Albertz played over 100 games for Duesseldorf and they lost the 1979 European Cup Winner's Cup final to Barcelona (their first European trophy).