• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2019-20

cpr

International Coach
^That's most seasons in total. Arsenal are on the longest streak.

Everton got relegated in 1930 with Dixie Dean up front ffs.

(edit: also went down in the 50s)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, something like that.

Arsenal have never not been in the top flight iirc (i.e. they have never been relegated).

andmark

International Captain
The internet seems messy for checking this. About the only relevant thing I can find out for certain is that Arsenal have been relegate relegated albeit as Woolwich Arsenal in 1912/13.

Edit: As far as I can tell, Arsenal's biggest rivals in terms of longest streak in the top flight is Everton. Wikipedia suggests Arsenal have only been relegated the one time whilst Everton have been relagated a few times, including in 1950/51. Given that Arsenal re-entered the top flight in 1914/15 and not been relagated since, they surely hold the record.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah not yet. Wait for the weekend. No good having a new manager (even if it is only a caretaker) coming in to take charge at Leciester away. Let them start with a match they may actually have a chance of winning.
Yeah I guess. Gives us more time to sound out other candidates too then. The word is Allegri is taking a season off and wants to see what's available at the end of the season and apparently Tuchel, Rangnick and Ten Hag rejecyed Bayern so I don't see them coming to us.

We might have to roll with this guy until someone we regard highly becomes available.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Tuchel would be an awful choice, Ragnick appears happier as a DOF and Ten Hag won't leave Ajax until June at the earliest.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tuchel would be an awful choice, Ragnick appears happier as a DOF and Ten Hag won't leave Ajax until June at the earliest.
Rangnick to United as DoF is doing the rounds. Honigstein suggesting that could be why he turned down Bayern.

Supposedly hasn’t happened already because Woodward is working around Solskjaer. Which is daft because even if he doesn’t want to let Solskjaer go his performances definitely don’t justify taking him into account when restructuring the club.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Celtic's winner was properly hilarious, particularly the way the camera cuts away from Inzaghi going mental on the touchline at his defenders pissing around with the ball to them immediately passing to Edouard under no pressure.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Come on. Probably even more comfortably behind second
Not at all if you're talking about domestic performance. In fact, you could argue it's pretty tight as to what the order of the top three should be. Since World War II when Arsenal bribed their way into the top flight:

Man United: 18 league titles, 11 FA Cups
Liverpool: 16 league titles, 7 FA Cups
Arsenal: 13 league titles, 13 FA Cups
Everton: 7 league titles, 4 FA Cups
Chelsea: 6 league titles, 8 FA Cups
Man City: 6 league titles, 5 FA Cups

Liverpool's European Cups obviously put them way ahead overall, but the European Cup didn't even exist during Arsenal's most dominant period where they won more than half of those titles.

Edit: Arsenal also have the shortest gap between winning league titles of any club in that period. 18 years. Sadly that figure is about to start getting bigger.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As someone whose opinion of VAR couldn’t be lower I still can’t believe Guendouzi got away with that foul at the back post.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
As someone whose opinion of VAR couldn’t be lower I still can’t believe Guendouzi got away with that foul at the back post.
Only thing I can think of (I've only seen one **** quality replay) is that he wouldn't have got to the ball.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Doubt it'll matter, Leicester bound to score sooner or later

Probably as a result of some horrible balls up resulting from attempting to play out from the back

andmark

International Captain
I wish the commentators weren't so explicitly pro-England in the women's match. England scored a goal which was probably offside. They're still yet to show a replay checking it. England have just had a chance which may have been offside, but if it was onside, a German defender may have deserved a second yellow. They show a replay for that within seconds checking the offside.

Last edited: