• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
This match is a perfect example of the kind of thing that really makes me wonder what the hell Wenger was smoking when he entertained the idea of booting out Mustafi.

**** was basically man of the match.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Palace once again providing ample evidence of why they're absolute certainties to be relegated. The result was bad enough, failing to see off the most out-of-form side in the division, but the manner was yet again unacceptable. Speroni and Dann manufacturing the 2nd Everton goal in a way that would embarrassed my son's team, and that useless lump Benteke yet again missing a sitter that Dave Swindlehurst would have buried with his eyes closed.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Palace once again providing ample evidence of why they're absolute certainties to be relegated. The result was bad enough, failing to see off the most out-of-form side in the division, but the manner was yet again unacceptable. Speroni and Dann manufacturing the 2nd Everton goal in a way that would embarrassed my son's team, and that useless lump Benteke yet again missing a sitter that Dave Swindlehurst would have buried with his eyes closed.
I have the misfortune to support Plymouth Argyle and we currently have the most clueless out of his depth manager in our history. However the one manager out of the other 91 that I wouldn’t replace him with is Roy Hodgson.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We lost today so obviously it was a game in which we had loads more shots than the opposition and missed an open goal. Still think this year is a great chance for us to get the play-offs though, Wolves are basically the only really good team.

BlindMan94

Cricket Spectator
Good to see Pogba back--granted it was against Newcastle, but Man United look like a different team when he's out there. Though amusingly they still can't break their hoodoo of scoring more than four goals.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been on decent league form lately the whites, unfortunately the only two recent defeats have been to injury time winners followed by a four hour drive. Yesterday’s was an own goal.

Oh well. Onto Tuesday

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
You see Moyes and Pearce sat on the bench with losers written on their forehead and just think “why?” Mind you they’ve both got several million more pounds than me so it’s all good I guess.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One of the most over-rated players in the league.

Is it just me or is Lloris' positioning for the first goal pretty dreadful?
I wondered that as well.

Probably overlooked because even if he had been positioned better he probably wouldn't have got it anyway. And also because everyone loves him.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Lloris is probably the player I'm most conflicted about, quality wise, in the big six. Has some great games but there are other times where he just looks horrendously average. Probably just in the 2nd tier of goalkeeper behind De Gea and Courtois.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This match is a perfect example of the kind of thing that really makes me wonder what the hell Wenger was smoking when he entertained the idea of booting out Mustafi.

**** was basically man of the match.
Think the story with him was that he hasn't settled that well in London with his wife, and they wanted to go back to Italy.

Still think he's probably the weakest link in our XI anyway, but yesterday was certainly encouraging and I love his mentality.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lloris is probably the player I'm most conflicted about, quality wise, in the big six. Has some great games but there are other times where he just looks horrendously average. Probably just in the 2nd tier of goalkeeper behind De Gea and Courtois.
He seems to stop stuff that 95% of other keepers wouldn’t and let in stuff that they would. De Gea or Courtois were never getting to that terrible back pass in the first half.