• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m assuming, though can’t be bothered to check, that no country has previously had 5 teams in the last 16 of the CL. A couple of years ago the media were in a panic over the possibility of falling behind Italy in the coefficient.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Not a chance Palace go down. The underlying numbers always prevail.
I have no idea what that last bit means, but one can only assume that they haven't factored Benteke into the equation. He's been dire all season of course, but yesterday's contribution to him to a new level; probably the most reviled Palace player since I started watching them in the early 1970s.

Of course they're going down. Any side only winning one of their run of imminently winnable home matches over the last month or so is only heading in one direction.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He’s essentially saying that they’re losing because their opponents are finishing more chances than they are, and when that’s happening to a team their results almost always improve quite soon.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
That's a clear pen on Lacazette on 41 minutes. Such a flaw in football that you can do anything to a player after they've shot.

Uppercut

That's a clear pen on Lacazette on 41 minutes. Such a flaw in football that you can do anything to a player after they've shot.
Yeah that’s not even one of the more blatant ones, didn’t affect the shot and he only catches him with the trailing leg. When Mascherano forced Di Maria to skew a one on one with a two footed lunge from directly behind I gave up and started just finding it funny.

Sutton agrees with you though. Maybe the world is catching up.

Uppercut

Southampton were pretty good, really should have created more on the counter though. Type of game Giroud should maybe be starting, though fair enough not breaking up the Ozil-Laca-Sanchez front three.

Uppercut

Everton are incredibly defensive so far. BFS teams usually apply a bit of pressure.

Still a huge improvement on their games vs Utd and Arsenal though tbf.

Uppercut

That was always going to happen at some point.
You do risk a total screamer but I’m not sure how else they could set up, Liverpool’s players are sooo much better. Incredible to think Everton hoped to be challenging for top six. They look like a League One side at Anfield in the FA Cup, game plan is basically ‘hang on in there and pray.’