• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bringing up a 20 point gap with Spurs is nearly meaningless, considering the disparity in resources.

The 16 point gap with Man Utd., on the other hand, is hilarious, and should be brought up all the time.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look, City deserve all the praise they get for the way they are playing right now. No other manager besides Guardiola would have them playing like this even if you handed them an infinite transfer budget, or the right to pick any player they wanted. City also haven't spent 100m+ on one player like PSG/Barcelona, or splurged huge in one or two transfer windows like Madrid did in 2009, or Chelsea did when Abramovich bought them. Their players' price tags actually look reasonable right now given the way they are performing.

Having said that, City have the massive advantage of being able to write off transfer failures immediately - and they have cycled through a large number of players to get to this current squad. Spurs cannot immediately replace the underwhelming players in their squad for the best choice, they have to wait until they spot a very promising young player, or a bargain becomes available due to a contract situation or something. Liverpool can't replace Mignolet if they've spent a huge amount on Van Dijk. Their managers have to work hard to get the best out of players who aren't quite the finished product, Guardiola doesn't (though he does get the best out of most players anyway due to his style of play, especially attackers). That is a big advantage. I would like to see Guardiola use more players from the academy TBH, he did that successfully at Barcelona. But that's probably a bit of a pipe-dream these days.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Guardiola's preferred front 3 are 3 blokes who are all under 23.

He's not buying players at their peaks, he's buying good players and making them better.

Niall

International Coach
Guardiola's preferred front 3 are 3 blokes who are all under 23.

He's not buying players at their peaks, he's buying good players and making them better.
Yep, none of them exactly cheap, but plenty of other big hitters could have snapped them up.

Correct me if I am am wrong lads,,,but there wasn't any sort of bidding war for Salah this summer was there? Odd if not. Superb piece of business.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Correct me if I am am wrong lads,,,but there wasn't any sort of bidding war for Salah this summer was there? Odd if not. Superb piece of business.
To think if they'd just spent an additional £10m they could have had Sigurdsson...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I do feel for Spurs and their limited resources. Must be rough having to play at Wembley Stadium. We should probably double their TV money and do the same for West Ham while we are at it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Still 2 domestic packages unsold.

Overseas rights will make up the difference, they sold rights to China for £700m, which is 10x the previous deal.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fun game but neither team looked very good.
PSG have completely neglected their midfield.

Veratti and Rabiot are good but they need a 3rd in there. When Thiago Motta is a first pick you know something's not right, I still don't understand them so easily giving away Matuidi.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
City fans on twitter are trash. How any of them could say that Delph shouldn't have been shown red there after the complaints we've made for months needs their head examined.