• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2017/18

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Are we sure Jose has control of transfers? I thought I had read the opposite, that he liked to be out of it. The whole strategy, or lack of, has been terrible since Fergie left. That back 4 is atrocious for a team with ambitions.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nobody ever really knows for sure but it seems like he has a lot of say in who to target for the first team but doesn’t handle negotiations etc. Some are more obviously his idea than others.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Not sure Pogba is performing significantly worse than he did at Juve btw. There's a level of scrutiny Premier League players get on a match to match basis which is much greater than anyone at a club like Juve or Bayern get who can afford to have off days and still win the league easily. I'm guessing that though, because, much to the point, I pretty much only ever saw highlights of him in a Juve shirt.

Uppercut

Not sure Pogba is performing significantly worse than he did at Juve btw. There's a level of scrutiny Premier League players get on a match to match basis which is much greater than anyone at a club like Juve or Bayern get who can afford to have off days and still win the league easily. I'm guessing that though, because, much to the point, I pretty much only ever saw highlights of him in a Juve shirt.
Yeah you could be right. He had a pretty serious highlight reel at Juve though. IIRC he’s never scored a particularly good goal for us.

I thought his current ability was overrated then anyway. Might still be although you hear a very wide range of opinions of him now so it’s hard to make a call on something like that.

Uppercut

Dembele though. He just takes the ball where he wants and nobody can stop him.

Great game so far.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Juventus were much worse than the big six have been at home to Spurs this season. Premier League is looking really strong again.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Juventus were pretty bad (I know they have quite a lot of injuries) but they could easily have scored 4 or 5, kind of a weird game. Really good one though.

Uppercut

I thought it was pretty even. Juve generally better in both boxes but Spurs controlled the game. Can only imagine what Costa would do to Aurier/Sanchez if Juve had been able to work the ball to him consistently.

Needing a win off Spurs at Wembley is an ugly spot to be in.

vcs

Good from Spurs, hard not to admire their progress under Pochettino despite budget constraints due to the stadium move.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good from Spurs, hard not to admire their progress under Pochettino despite budget constraints due to the stadium move.
All true. It strikes me as slightly odd that they've stepped up a gear in Europe but, on the face of it, done the opposite in their domestic league.
Maybe Cabs is right about rising standards in the EPL.

But last night was great. I suspect that Juve will be a bit relieved not to have lost the match actually.

Uppercut

All true. It strikes me as slightly odd that they've stepped up a gear in Europe but, on the face of it, done the opposite in their domestic league.
Maybe Cabs is right about rising standards in the EPL.

But last night was great. I suspect that Juve will be a bit relieved not to have lost the match actually.
I think they're much the same as last year, maybe slightly better. It's just that they played their best stuff last year when they'd already gone out of Europe. Their form really fluctuates depending on the fitness of key players. They utterly humiliate United and Arsenal and get the better of Juve away but when Eriksen gets the flu they almost lose to Newport County.

I really like watching them. They have that Atletico quality of exposing the fact that nobody else is properly trying.

Last edited: