• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2016-17

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've taken my daughter to about ten aways this season and don't reckon the total combined cost for them is as much as her ticket for tomorrow

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've taken my daughter to about ten aways this season and don't reckon the total combined cost for them is as much as her ticket for tomorrow
Tbh, when you put it like this, I think if I were someone with your profile (i.e. a dire bloke but a regular attendee at Tranmere games)I wouldn't mind so much. Like you said in your earlier post for a proper fan it's a special occasion and a big day out, and for any sort of special event I can understand paying more for it. This goes for more or less any live entertainment experience. It really does drive away casuals who'd otherwise take the opportunity to come along for the day though.

I remember saying similar things about St Albans FC charging about £15 for tickets. I get why they do it, but for someone like me who'd go every now and again if it was a fiver or something, there's no chance in hell of me paying that when I could easily go in to London and see a Championship or League 1 game for about the same.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, I'm not going to Carlisle, ****ing ridiculous, quite a way to go too. Evening kick-off on a Sunday, thanks everybody involved for that.

We'll take a fair few though, hopefully they'll be loud and Wheeler and Watkins can turn it on.

grecian

About eight hours each way would you say?
Probably, no public transport either. Just horrid. Obviously not great for carlisle fans, but a bit better with Thursday and trains.

Still better than not being in the play-offs at all, and it's the same for both teams.

Last edited:

grecian

Gawd that banner is cretinous in the Arse game. Someones really proud of themselves for it too, I reckon.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I know Jose is likely to just make loads of changes and stifle the game into oblivion. But if Liverpool were to have lost by the time they kick-off he'd surely have to re-focus on the League a little.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know Jose is likely to just make loads of changes and stifle the game into oblivion. But if Liverpool were to have lost by the time they kick-off he'd surely have to re-focus on the League a little.
Not sure, he probably thinks Arsenal will win both their remaining games. Everton will bend over for a bumming on the last day if it keeps Liverpool out of the Champions League and United will want to rest players ahead of the final. Chance on winning 3 games and still not making it and ruining your side for the final or rest them for the final? I know what i'd do.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure, he probably thinks Arsenal will win both their remaining games. Everton will bend over for a bumming on the last day if it keeps Liverpool out of the Champions League and United will want to rest players ahead of the final. Chance on winning 3 games and still not making it and ruining your side for the final or rest them for the final? I know what i'd do.
I know what he'll do, but you have to have hope. Presumably De Gea now plays in the Final having not played in Europe all season.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bloody nervous, Wednesday played us off the park last time I watched them. Not feeling confident at all, but ah well - carn Town!