• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2015-16

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The best you could have hoped for was for him to sign a contract last season, thus bumping up the fee

It's why TRFC fans will always love Koumas

I mean from the player's perspective it makes little monetary sense so you've got to have a real sense of loyalty and affection for the club to do so.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seems as though you bid £400k and we told you we wanted double that and add ons so you said we can get better value abroad so we told you to go and do that then.

After selling Goldson and 2 kids as well we not desperate for the cash so will hold out for decent money.
Shame, would like one more in before the window shuts. Hate this whole thing, we seemed to have everything sorted a month ago, then our players got bought and we got load of injuries.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The best you could have hoped for was for him to sign a contract last season, thus bumping up the fee.
Hard to imagine they'd have managed to get that much of a better deal even if his contract had considerably longer to run tbf.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Being reported that the De Gea deal isn't going through because the paperwork wasn't in on time :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
The story is absolutely amazing.:laugh:

port Witness @Sport_Witness
First De Gea paperwork was a minute late, then it was sent a minute early, then it arrived on time, then 20 secs late, then in wrong format.
Alex Shaw ‏@AlexShawESPN 1m1 minute ago
Six years late but Fergie finally sold Madrid that virus.
:laugh:

Last edited:

cpr

International Coach
Although theres 24 hours left, Liverpool have to be the winners in this transfer window. Milner and Ings for free, Gomez and Clyne for steals, and £10m received for Borini!

duffer

Looking like that honour might be Arsenal's.

Doubt it will happen myself, but the papers are all over that particular rumour atm.
Cavani is on 200k per week according to wiki. No way we can compete with that. Would love Rabiot but can't see any reason for PSG to sell him to us.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Cavani is on 200k per week according to wiki. No way we can compete with that. Would love Rabiot but can't see any reason for PSG to sell him to us.
Özil earns that. We can definitely do it, whether we want to is another thing altogether.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, indeed.

The fact that Tim Vickery has expressed considerable doubts about Cavani's ability to get it done as the main forward at a top level team gives me pause.

duffer

Özil earns that. We can definitely do it, whether we want to is another thing altogether.
Yeah, indeed.

The fact that Tim Vickery has expressed considerable doubts about Cavani's ability to get it done as the main forward at a top level team gives me pause.
Not sure where I read it but remember seeing that Mesut was our top earner on 140k? Think if he was available United would trump whatever we offer.

Whether he's good enough or going to be another Falcao is up for debate, but his returns over the last two seasons is still pretty good.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shame, would like one more in before the window shuts. Hate this whole thing, we seemed to have everything sorted a month ago, then our players got bought and we got load of injuries.
Seems you came back with a bigger bid then. £750k the press say, you have a bargain, I hope we have a sell on clause.

duffer

For all the gooners who think John Cross is a legit itk; he just posted an Ox to Galatasaray story after the Turkish transfer window closed.

That's low, even by modern journalism standards. Really low.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The whole De Gea thing. Wow.

Liverpool contingent know anything about Sergi Canos?
Thought of you when I saw it go through. :) Can play anywhere in the forward line, probably best as a right winger, can dribble, doesn't mind getting stuck in, always see him having verbals.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Anthony Martial’s imminent move from Monaco to Manchester Untied is set to be for an incredible fee of over £58million according to L’Equipe.

The 19-year old who is on the brink of a move to Old Trafford after United agreed a fee with the Ligue 1 side, is set to arrive in Manchester with a huge price tag on his shoulders.

According to reports in France the fee for the French under 21 international could rise to as much as €80million (£59million) when including additional add ons and performance related bonuses.
A duffer 'heh' suffices here.