• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2014-15

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Word is that it's all academic anyway as Falcao is bypassing the normal route by going straight to City

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
But seriously, Sanogo is ****ing garbage. If you think he's the one to win you 3 titles in a row by passing on Falcao you're brain dead.

Also; Higuain is so overrated.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Falcao is a goal scorer who'll still give you 20 in the league, something Arsenal hasn't had for a while.

If Arsenal don't want to spend that much, why not give City a helping out by buying Negredo. It helps their FFP cause, they get to buy Falcao, and you guys get a decent forward who might be really good in your system.

At a slightly lower level, Welbeck wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and I reckon he is much better than Sanogo.
Negredo is out injured til October at the earliest, so he doesn't help in the short-term. He'd be a great fit for their system, though.

Word is that United won't let Welbeck go to a top-four team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Tended to agree with this when he was at Real but I've seen him at Napoli and he really is a very complete forward. He's not as gifted technically as a Suarez but he does create a lot of chances for himself and he has been saving Napoli's bacon a lot. He also works hard for the team. Would love him at Liverpool.

United seem to be spending money for the sake of it now. How is Falcao going to help them at the back or in midfield? He's not the kind of forward who actually helps the build-up play much either. Seems to be the last guy they'd need.

Last edited:

Uppercut

No we need him like a duck needs water. Rooney and RVP are much worse than you think they are.

I think the more pressing question is, if he was available for that much, why did no one else sign him?

Uppercut

I mean, he doesn't solve our problems and we're still very unlikely to finish fourth. But it's surely not a mistake to sign someone that good.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think RVP or Rooney are as good as they used to be, but I think you're asking for off the pitch issues having 3 guys like that - who expect to start. I doubt LVG uses all 3 in a match and you're only in 2 competitions for the rest of the season. It's not my money but I reckon if United want a forward they'd be better placed with trying to get someone who has high work-rate off the ball or/and a creator with it (Cavani). Falcao might just end up being an expensive lamp post.

What's really killing United is that they move the ball so slowly, very predictably, and they don't have much speed up front. Falcao doesn't help you with any of that. Who knows though; the goals he might bring could spur them on to change/be more confident. But that's also reliant on the assumption that he comes back the same player as pre-injury.

For Arsenal, I think they need a forward bad enough to risk it. United don't IMO.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No we need him like a duck needs water. Rooney and RVP are much worse than you think they are.

I think the more pressing question is, if he was available for that much, why did no one else sign him?
Too busy signing someone else next season to lead them to 3 titles in a row IIRC :ph34r:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But seriously, Sanogo is ****ing garbage. If you think he's the one to win you 3 titles in a row by passing on Falcao you're brain dead.

He plays like Ade Akinbyi and Wenger is trying to make out he's the new Drogba. Was so optimistic a month ago but now it looks like we're back on the treadmill.

King Pietersen

International Captain
United definitely didn't need Falcao, but signing a guy as good as him is hardly going to make them worse. If LVG could by some miracle tie up Vidal and a decent CB today, United could still have a decent chance of doing well this year.

Not looking promising for Arsenal though. Wenger's not even in the country. He's away refereeing in a Charity game in Italy. :/

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Dj Frankie.. ‏@frankieveejay 4m
. .Radamel Falcao's last appearance in the Champions League was back in 2010 in a 5-0 DEFEAT to ARSENAL. Lord Bendtner scored a hat-trick. .

:ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Arsenal's business is 100% done according to all reports. Can't say I agree but might as well accept it early.