• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's taken us 5 years to replace Matthieu Flamini but we've finally done it...... with Matthieu Flamini

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think it's a sensible signing actually. He's a seasoned campaigner, knows the club, extremely versatile, has already shown he can cut it in the Premiership, should have several good years left in him if he can stay free of injuries. Not going to set the world alight, but will be a good addition to the squad.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's sort of sad to think how promising Flamini was five years ago. He and Arsenal have missed each other so badly.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Nah, him staying would have meant we would have never got to see as much as we did of the prodigal talents of Denilson.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't agree with this logic at all. Madrid are miles better than all but one of the other teams in their league and refuse to play anything other than extremely attacking football. However many goals you score as a striker there, you'll probably score less somewhere else.

He was incredible at Lyon but that was four years ago and his career since has been a real mix. His only really impressive season was two years ago and he was in and out of the team a lot last season. He's clearly insanely talented but he's had a lot of problems with loss of motivation and falling out with managers (what is it with French players?). All that said, I think he'd be a fantastic signing for Arsenal if they can get him. But I wouldn't put him on the same level as RVP or Suarez and I don't think he'd turn them into title challengers.
That's kind of true, with regards to Real being an attacking team and the rest. But I don't think it appreciates that tactically they're setup to exploit Ronaldo's quality more than Benzema's. That's not without merit - Ronaldo is the better player and will score more - but you can see the difference between Benzema being a figurehead for a team when he was at Lyon and when he is more peripheral, which has been the case in Real and even France. Even in terms of time played, until recently Benzema hasn't been a player to play every game, every minute - he's had competition at Real. IMO it all accumulates to Benzema not being the same player he was at Lyon, even psychologically speaking (motivation).

But having said that and all that has been said about his consistency; he is scoring basically at a goal every other game which is still ****ing good - more or less Suarez's record at Liverpool. And as GF has said, if they were excited about Higuain then they should at least equally be at the prospect of Benzema. Who knows if he is even going though lol.

Last edited:

Pothas

Chelsea to beat Spurs to Willian then, because they really need another attacking midfielder.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, very strange move, that. One suspects that Mata will probably be off, as Mourinho evidently really does not rate him. Will just have to hope he doesn't end up joining Spurs.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah, very strange move, that. One suspects that Mata will probably be off, as Mourinho evidently really does not rate him. Will just have to hope he doesn't end up joining Spurs.
Interesting really, considering Mata had a tremendous season last season, and was arguably Chelsea's best player. If it was any other manager, Chelsea fans would be up in arms at the new boss selling their best player. Be like if Moyes came in and his first move was to shift RVP off.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Interesting really, considering Mata had a tremendous season last season, and was arguably Chelsea's best player. If it was any other manager, Chelsea fans would be up in arms at the new boss selling their best player. Be like if Moyes came in and his first move was to shift RVP off.
I'd say he's comfortably been their best player more or less since he joined. It's madness to try and get rid of him. Just can't see how anyone wouldn't rate him.

Pothas

30 million for a player they really don't need.

Spurs got to make sure they get Lamela now.

grecian

Well maybe this result will cheer up Marcus a bit, he seems to be turning into the quintessentially angry young man, mind you living in Cornwall will do that to you:p