• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First time I saw it I thought it definetly was, second time I was not so sure but on third viewing it probably was.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
This ref has been absolute garbage. Real's pen wasn't a pen, they should have had a pen five minutes ago but he didn't give it, and that Barcelona penalty wasn't a penalty IMO.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyway, I assume the Spanish tabloids will have pictures of Bale with his head in his hands tomorrow morning, right?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think any neutral wants Atletico to win it just for novelty value. If they did and Bayern won Champions League would both get rid of their boss in summer?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It would be more than a novelty value though, it would really be one of the greatest achievments in recent football history.

Can't see Ancelotti leaving whatever happens from here, Martino probably going to go regardless.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I hate to sound like the EPL commentators and how they drone on about it... but the diving in Spain - especially these two teams - is utterly, utterly ridiculous. The fact that they're amazing technicians saves the spectacle but it's becoming really hard to enjoy this bull****.

Eds

International Debutant
I hate to sound like the EPL commentators and how they drone on about it... but the diving in Spain - especially these two teams - is utterly, utterly ridiculous. The fact that they're amazing technicians saves the spectacle but it's becoming really hard to enjoy this bull****.
I always find attitudes like this properly bizarre.

Yes it's a bit annoying and yes they do it far, far too much. But if you can't enjoy an out-of-this-world game like that because of diving then I'm not sure football is the sport for you. Diving in particular is one of those things that can happen often and not kill a game. If there were just as many niggly fouls as there were dives then we'd all have been bored out of our minds.

Eds

International Debutant
Meanwhile, in a weekend of glorious goals galore this is still my favourite moment:

http://giant.gfycat.com/ShyOblong****oo.gif

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Yes it's a bit annoying and yes they do it far, far too much. But if you can't enjoy an out-of-this-world game like that because of diving then I'm not sure football is the sport for you. Diving in particular is one of those things that can happen often and not kill a game. If there were just as many niggly fouls as there were dives then we'd all have been bored out of our minds.
I'm not talking about it in terms of boredom; I mean in terms of a fair game or a spectacle for actual footballing reasons. It's exaggerating almost every bit of contact - even outside the box FFS - and the constant tactical fouling or dirty play. It tends to be the team that gets more of the decisions actually wins than the team that's actually good at football.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's annoying but the commitment to playing attacking football more than makes up for it IMO. We get some really cagey games between the best teams in England, never happens in El Clasico.

I think the Premiership has as many tactical fouls, maybe slightly more. The refs are much more lenient so you get away with them more often. The play acting is far worse in Spain, and it bothers me because it slows the game down so much, which is often the intention. Football needs a rugby style clock- time explicitly stops when there's a delay, and the ref can only blow for full time when the ball is dead.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Nah diving is as annoying as **** but that being said I think Uppercut has nailed it