• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2013-14

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really see no reason why that should be a red, btw. Ball sailing wide, I'm sure the attacking team would have been more than happy with just a penalty.

Meanwhile, this is poor from Chelsea. Only 3 up after 20 mins? Pffft.
Nah, when someone punches a shot from behind the keeper to stop it going in it's as red a red card as you can get.

Eds

International Debutant
Nah, when someone punches a shot from behind the keeper to stop it going in it's as red a red card as you can get.
It wasn't going in though was it? For me, it's a completely different matter if it's sailing wide.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It wasn't going in though was it? For me, it's a completely different matter if it's sailing wide.
The iteration is the same though. Anyway not sure the ref even saw it as he took so long to make the decision, and a linesman probably wouldn't have been able to tell whether it was going in.

Uppercut

Yeah I think it was going wide. I'd just say that if it's close enough that the player feels the need to punch it then the ref can't really make that call.

Eds

International Debutant
Yeah I think it was going wide. I'd just say that if it's close enough that the player feels the need to punch it then the ref can't really make that call.
But that's how it works on similar incidents like last-man professional fouls. Ref is the man who decides whether it's a red based on the potential of a goal-scoring opportunity.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
BT mocking me by having an advert with Fabregas at the break. It's actually scary how badly we've reacted to early goals this season. Whenever a side scores early against us the floodlights just open. Weird given how solid we've been after taking leads.

Time to switch to the cricket.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Arsenal early kick-offs against the big sides on BT Sport. 6-3, 5-1, 4-0 (and counting). Glad I didn't go to the pub.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nice finish by Salah. He is a top player, really direct and well suited for English football. Shame he wanted to bench warm for Chelsea and not start for Liverpool.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Match of the Day will be well worth a watch tonight. 17 goals from Top 3 teams alone, 30 today in total with 1 game still to play.

flibbertyjibber

Didn't see the Liverpool game but even when they went behind twice you knew they would come back and win. Think that is probably that for Cardiff as far as staying up is concerned but Liverpool are trying to win the league with a crap defence and an amazing attack.

As KP says above MOTD worth a watch tonight as is the football league show with so many late goals this week.

Burgey

That's all right mate. United will try to beat Bayern with a **** defence, **** attack and **** midfield.