• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cover drive man

International Captain
Could you just wire me the money instead?
*puts on smug smile*

Top finish by Mereiles it has to be said - at no time did he actually look like he was in a position to get a decent effort on goal.

edit: given that Paulo Ferreira was interpreting for David Luiz on the bench, safe to say communication could be a further issue for Chelsea in the last 15 mins.
I don't think any of them looked very likely to score on either side, the sort of Liverpool-Chelsea match you'd expect 5/6 years ago. I'm still jubilant though!

I hope CDM put that bet on
Yep,

Shame it was in a canadian though and nothing else come up :(

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely someone's doing one for Hitler finding out about Arsenal drawing from 4-0 up.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Noises being made about the Newcastle v Arsenal game yesterday being fixed.

I was watching the 3pms yesterday with a Betfair window open.and at 4-0 when nothing had happened the price of the draw mysteriously dropped to 110s from 500s or so.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
FAO French speakers (possible Prem match fixing) - RedCafe.net

It's from a French publication, translations are offered here.

Normally I'd treat it with a pinch of salt but I was talking to someone who bets a lot on tennis and knows how to spot a fix and I think he was only half-jesting when he was calling it a fix, so I’m not entirely sure that there’s nothing in this (EDIT: should point out I still think its unlikely though).

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Surely if they were going to fix it, they'd make it a lot less obvious than that?
I don't think it was that obvious - I still think it was more likely not to be a fix rather than just a freak event, which would indicate it wasn't particularly obvious, if indeed it ends up turning out to be a fix.

I've seen far more obvious fixes which were just as blatant as can be, the Albinoleffe-Piacenza Serie B game this season being probably the best example. Last I heard that was under investigation, though I haven't been following that closely since.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely if they were going to fix it, they'd make it a lot less obvious than that?
It's probably just time travellers.

1. Rustle up 20000
2. Travel back through time
3. Put it all on the draw at 500
4. Put the winnings in a high interest bank account
5. Head back to your own time
6. Lots of profit

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I don't think it was that obvious - I still think it was more likely not to be a fix rather than just a freak event, which would indicate it wasn't particularly obvious, if indeed it ends up turning out to be a fix.

I've seen far more obvious fixes which were just as blatant as can be, the Albinoleffe-Piacenza Serie B game this season being probably the best example. Last I heard that was under investigation, though I haven't been following that closely since.
I'm not saying it was obviously a fix, I'm saying that if they did fix it, surely they'd have made it so that it was a much more unremarkable game than that.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I'm not saying it was obviously a fix, I'm saying that if they did fix it, surely they'd have made it so that it was a much more unremarkable game than that.
Yeah I know what you're saying, but fixes are often pretty remarkable games. The Albinoleffe v Piacenza game I mentioned ended 3-3 for instance, with Albinoleffe taking the lead in the 77th minute and letting Piacenza almost literally walk through straight from the kickoff to equalise – I’d say that’s pretty remarkable, and that’s a game I’m 99% certain was fixed.

I think ultimately you’re right, but I do think that the draw moving from 500s-ish to 110s at 4-0 before anything had happened at all is extremely weird. Also there’s absolutely no way that 110s on a draw at 4-0 at half time was value IMO.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only just saw Chelsea-Liverpool highlights; Carragher was a rock wasn't he? Haven't seen him play like that for a couple of years.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I think ultimately you’re right, but I do think that the draw moving from 500s-ish to 110s at 4-0 before anything had happened at all is extremely weird. Also there’s absolutely no way that 110s on a draw at 4-0 at half time was value IMO.
Roughly how much money would need to be placed on the draw for it to drop that far?

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Roughly how much money would need to be placed on the draw for it to drop that far?
Don't have exact figures, but there was four figures normally trying to get matched at all times on the draw at the various prices as it came down so I'd imagine there was a reasonable amount traded. Normally when someone is 4-0 up and looking in complete control you'd have single figures trying to be matched at whatever the price is.