• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Like Fergie said, we can all speculate, but we'll perhaps never know what was the straw that broke the camel's back.

With Keane there was the MUTV interview, Stam said he was tapped up in his autobiography (and called the Nevilles "busy ****s" IIRC), Beckham had that boot kicked at him after Arsenal won 2-0 at the Citadel of Evil...I wonder what will come to be thought of as Whine's point of no return.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IMO, the most valuable person in the EPL is an ugly, wing-nutted half-wit NOT a 69 year old Scotsman

If Manure let Rooney go, it's because they cant afford to keep him

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Rooney was offered more than enough money. If he wasn't then let him come out and say it. According to Ferguson his wages were to be increased significantly. We can more than afford to keep him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Been checking the books have you?

Loyalty is not something important to Shrek. Let us remember, "once a blue, always a blue."

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Loyalty is not something important to Shrek. Let us remember, "once a blue, always a blue."
Indeed so. Is a hired gun after all.

My guess is he can smell the way the wind's blowing; United have just announced losses of (IIRC) £86m for the last tax year. Fact is with the leveraged debt to service they can't compete with clubs with the plutocrat sugar daddy splashig the cash.

Shaktar not v good, meanwhile. Arse 2-0 without getting out of first gear.

roseboy64

Just going by what's been said. Rooney was to be the highest paid in the club's history. Would be a greedy **** if he values 220k over 150k. Almost double his wages but he wants to triple?

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Like Fergie said, we can all speculate, but we'll perhaps never know what was the straw that broke the camel's back.

With Keane there was the MUTV interview, Stam said he was tapped up in his autobiography (and called the Nevilles "busy ****s" IIRC), Beckham had that boot kicked at him after Arsenal won 2-0 at the Citadel of Evil...I wonder what will come to be thought of as Whine's point of no return.
I think it was something from 200k to 500k reasons a week that broke the camel's back.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just going by what's been said. Rooney was to be the highest paid in the club's history. Would be a greedy **** if he values 220k over 150k. Almost double his wages but he wants to triple?
Just to restate what I said earlier - I don't recall many united fans complaining about his greed when he turned his back on the club he'd supported all of his life to join them.

It's a bit like when someone steals a woman off another man. When that woman cheats on them, should they really be surprised? You might even call it justice, if you were so inclined...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And why exactly should he not get the best possible deal for himself?

Hoping he now stays till the summer then uses the Webster ruling - £5m or so to buy himself out of the contract.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think money has anything to do with it, and I can hardly see it having much to do with the club's finances either. He just looks genuinely unhappy in general life and wants to move on. There's not really any need for such bitterness..

roseboy64

Then don't throw your toys out now.
Bit different now though? When you're new to following club football all the intricacies are foreign to you. Now that one's aware of all that stuff they'll be more aware and feel more emotion then.

Can leave if he wants really. No use keeping someone who wants to leave. Think I said that before with other players. Sad to see him go but no use crying.