• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep, but he's kind of like Gerrard (and Rooney I suppose) in that respect - won't get sent off for anything short of a capital offence. Should have been a penalty for Villa in the first half too.

Villa have been dominant most of the match. So as is the way of things, Chelsea get one real chance as a result of a Villa mistake and score from it. Just seems to be their year.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Un****ingbelievable. No way has this been a 2-0 to Chelsea match, but that's the score. Villa paying dearly for being unable to make their possession count where it matters.

Hell of a finish from Malouda though, he's having a fantastic campaign.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Double for The Chavs then. Their first.

EDIT: Three nil practically slander on The Villa, tbh. Still, have to admire the clincal way yer Chavs have out them away.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lampard's scored another at the death. Don't think I remember a player scoring so many useless goals/penalties in one season. They've barely made a difference to the results IIRC.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Completely off-topic, but I didn't realise how good van Persie's goal-scoring record was for Le Arse; 71 goals in 126 games is really very good, especially when you consider Bergkamp 'only' managed 87 from 316.

chalky

International Debutant
****ting bricks now
All is not lost mate we have been charged with fielding a suspended player. Apparantly our club secretary didn't notice that Gary Liddle got his 10th yellow on Saturday and should have been suspended for 2 matches starting Monday. He played and scored 2 goals. Rumour is 6 point deduction which would relegate us:(

Heads should ****ing roll :@

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Completely off-topic, but I didn't realise how good van Persie's goal-scoring record was for Le Arse; 71 goals in 126 games is really very good, especially when you consider Bergkamp 'only' managed 87 from 316.
71 in 188 I think it is.
He's made 137 starts and 55 sub appearances in all competitions and scored 71 goals according to 11. Robin van Persie | Players | First Team | Arsenal.com. 126 is his number of league apps, he only has 46 league goals. That's a wiki balls-up.

EDIT: Balls, didn't see Marcuss had already beaten me to it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All is not lost mate we have been charged with fielding a suspended player. Apparantly our club secretary didn't notice that Gary Liddle got his 10th yellow on Saturday and should have been suspended for 2 matches starting Monday. He played and scored 2 goals. Rumour is 6 point deduction which would relegate us:(

Heads should ****ing roll :@
****, that's not good.

At this point I'll admit it: I'll take anything, whatsoever but I'd rather we stayed up on our own merits. That sucks mate.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Astonishing how ordinary Barcelona just made Real look there, they're just a ridiculously wonderful football team. I know they could still end up empty handed but I'd be amazed if they do.

259 million Euros spend by Real last summer for an end result that will probably be no trophies whatsoever.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Messi amongst it again, could have had more were it not for a few good saves. Funny how yet again the "Galactico Project" has amounted to absolute jack ****, the gulf in class between the teams was huge. The only Real player to look at all threatening was of course Ronaldo. Poor old Raul really ought to have been moved on years ago and Benzema is just horribly overated.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, really hoping it's not true that we're going after Benzema, personally. Would prefer Lukaku to the likes of Villa, Benzema and Aguero, actually. Would serve us better in the long run.

Craig

World Traveller
And besides, it always seems to me that Barca is the lesser of the two evils. Maybe if I were an Espanyol fan then it might be different. I have been to Barcelona and I saw no Espanyol fans about, or anything to do with the club, they may as well not have existed.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Jebus, United playing an insanely attacking line-up at Ewood Park. Neither Carrick nor Rafael even on the bench, punishment for Wednesday night?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jebus, United playing an insanely attacking line-up at Ewood Park. Neither Carrick nor Rafael even on the bench, punishment for Wednesday night?
Citeh next week, isn't it? Rotation IMHO. Although Carrick was that arse he might well have been dropped too.

Fat Sam's always going to lie down to have his belly tickled by Sir Alex, anyway.