• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No and that was a point of Uppercut's which did make sense, the fact that being richer isn't illegal. I just take exception to any suggestion ever that big clubs should get special treatment. Makes me rage in fact :p

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah agree, could do with a couple of Latvians actually, sure they have a striker better than Ben Strevens.

cpr

International Coach
Is HRMC a footballing governing body? Depends entirely on the allegiance of the pen pusher/form stamper behind the desk in cases like these.
wouldn't see HMRC getting involved in work permits, or any footie dealings outside Portsmouth :p. More a home office thing. Unless he's coming to the UK via a crate of coffee beans.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Rose rates him very highly iirc. Twice the ability of Dong Fangzhou.
Know crap about him but he was viewed by our chief scout after we had interest in him but as a result he was playing for Mexico and well at that so deal done before World Cup in case other teams got interested.

cpr

International Coach
Jordi Cruyff IMO.

Nah, seriously, good luck to the kid, as all players, hope he does well.

Craig

World Traveller
The UEFA coefficients are based on the last five years of performance. So I would imagine that Germany's score for this year's performance will be superior to Italy's, but when you add the last five years together Italy will still outrank the Germans.

In fact, this year's ratings - Germany 17.083; England 17.071; Spain 16.928; France 15.000; Italy 14.714.

The overall (five-year) ratings are: Eng 80.999; Spa 78.757; Ita 63.624; Ger 63.207; Fra 53.740.

Germany could overhaul the Italians here, but will be needing a lot of results to go their way if they are to climb to third in the club rankings. If they were to achieve this, they would gain a fourth CL spot for 2011/12.
Let's just say Bayern and Hamburg make their respective finals, and so do Inter, does that then push Germany > Italy? How are points worked out?

Jarquis

From a blog I read :

Of course most of the post-game talk has been about Lionel Messi: a remarkably talented player who, it’s worth pointing out, was only prevented from following Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal by some spectacularly frustrating red tape
Pardon?

duffer

It's insinuating that he would've come if we weren't denied a work permit for him. Heard this rumour before but just ignore it. On the slim chance it's true, it's too depressing to think about.

Also, I read on here someone(Craig maybe?) posted a link which said Arsene would look at whether his squad was capable of winning trophies before signing a new deal? Heh, if anything it should be the board looking at whether Wenger was capable of biting the bullet and building a team capable of winning before offering him a contract.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Given that Wenger has, time and time again, stated that he has the money to spend but prefers not to, it can only be his own fault if he doesn't have a squad capable of winning trophies. I think they are capable, mind you. Still not out of the race.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually the President of Italian Serie A club Genoa, Enrico Preziosi, said recently when he was owned Como (now in the distant Italian lower divisions), claimed that came close to signing Leo Messi, in that he had a trial, but due to even more Italian bureaucratic red tape they didn't sign him. I think the big clubs get around it by getting the players family to move (for example) to Spain, they will arrange a decent job for the kid's old man, and then the player eventually joins the youth teams.

If things were done as they are, there would of no way Arsenal would of been able to sign Carlos Vela when they did, since he was a minor at the time, but a hurricane destroyed his family home, and the family packed up and moved to Spain, with the help of Arsenal. When Arsenal signed him, they loaned him to Celta Viga (where his family relocated to), and a couple of other Spanish clubs before he could get a WP.

Jarquis

It's insinuating that he would've come if we weren't denied a work permit for him. Heard this rumour before but just ignore it. On the slim chance it's true, it's too depressing to think about.

Also, I read on here someone(Craig maybe?) posted a link which said Arsene would look at whether his squad was capable of winning trophies before signing a new deal? Heh, if anything it should be the board looking at whether Wenger was capable of biting the bullet and building a team capable of winning before offering him a contract.
Yeah, we had a look at Ronaldo before he went to United as well didn't we.
Imagine those two at Arsenal, wow. :(

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Burnley look amateur at the back sometimes. I mean literally my park team marks better than they do at times.

Pothas

Typical I go to the dreadfull 0-0 draw last week and then miss the 3-0 win this week, still excellent win.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
**** me; evil challenge from Terry on Milner there. Studs raised and catches him on the top of his calf. Shoulda been a red, IMHO.