• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Agree strongly with this, I find this stuff gratuitous and sickening, and I'd rather not see it again.

I do agree with the general criticism of teams against Arse, that they're over-physical, hopefully refs will start to realise this, and maybe give a few pens, Arse should of won that about 5-1. Roseboy would of ignored those definite pens though obviously.
Oh no good shouts for pens there. Collins not going for the ball at all on one of them.

roseboy64

Seriously rose, step aside on this one. Nobody has accused the guy of trying to end Ramsey's career, but deliberately or not you're just being inflammatory.
Meh, leaving it. Arsenal always have it so hard though and no one ever plays rough against Utd or Chelsea.

Both guys went for the ball. Ramsey got it first. Shawcross' leg slams into his in an unfortunate place and it gets broken. Simples. No injury there and it's just a yellow. Unless someone shows something with Shawcross going in for his leg then it's all just emotional rubbish based on some stupid persecution complex.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Diaby as well. ****ing outrageous. Haven't seen the Ramsey injury but FMD.
That attitude isn't what causes injuries. The most dangerous tackles are often those where one player isn't fully committed because he raises his foot to protect himself.

Arsenal have simply been unlucky that the horrid tackles against their side have so often resulted in injuries.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Meh, leaving it. Arsenal always have it so hard though and no one ever plays rough against Utd or Chelsea.

Both guys went for the ball. Ramsey got it first. Shawcross' leg slams into his in an unfortunate place and it gets broken. Simples. No injury there and it's just a yellow. Unless someone shows something with Shawcross going in for his leg then it's all just emotional rubbish based on some stupid persecution complex.
Why? If you're naive enough to think that someone can act as recklessly as they like and get away with any resulting consequences then you're a tool.

roseboy64

Why? If you're naive enough to think that someone can act as recklessly as they like and get away with any resulting consequences then you're a tool.
As far as I saw, Ramsey went chucking in there as well. Both were reckless IMO.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That attitude isn't what causes injuries. The most dangerous tackles are often those where one player isn't fully committed because he raises his foot to protect himself.

Arsenal have simply been unlucky that the horrid tackles against their side have so often resulted in injuries.
Disagree, the attitude definitely increases the chance of such injuries occuring and the attitude is in place against Arsenal more than most other sides. It's not as simple as attitude = injuries but it contributes. No doubt in my mind.

grecian

Bollocks aren't you even going to address the fact that the common perception is Arse don't like it up 'em, and teams clearly go along with that. Too many coincidences happening here, it's a ****ing joke.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Disagree, the attitude definitely increases the chance of such injuries occuring and the attitude is in place against Arsenal more than most other sides. It's not as simple as attitude = injuries but it contributes. No doubt in my mind.
I agree entirely. The moment you start to apprehend the chance you might get injured, the whole approach changes, and this is when injuries will inevitably occur more frequently. I would say Arsenal generally get a lot of injuries in training and whatever anyway. But the fact that now we have seen several big players ruled through career threatening injury as a result of stupid horror tackles is becoming more than a coincidence too. The FA really will have to address this issue somehow, almost certainly, it cannot go on.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So then I don't see the problem with it? Just Ramsey came off worser of the two.
So you'd be perfectly happy with someone breaking Wayne Rooneys leg, courtesy of a studs up tackle that went in somewhere around the shin. Thanks for clearing that up too.

duffer

Bollocks aren't you even going to address the fact that the common perception is Arse don't like it up 'em, and teams clearly go along with that. Too many coincidences happening here, it's a ****ing joke.
Ding, ding, ding. Winner, play prison football against Arsenal is the go these past few years and this is what happens. Of course it will just be Wenger whinging and good English lads never mean any harm etc.

Cesc and Sol were magnificent though. They willed the team on from that point on and showed remarkable leadership and experience. Stark contrast to the Birmingham game. For all bendtner's critics he scored a brilliant header and when Ramsey went down instead of sulking and crying to the ref he went and stayed with Ramsey, consoled him, told him to breathe easy etc etc. Well done Nick.

For those who are a bit squeamish scroll down a fair bit with eyes closed:

edit: Spoilered. Was a fair bit worse than the jpg KP posted earlier.

Last edited:

roseboy64

So you'd be perfectly happy with someone breaking Wayne Rooneys leg, courtesy of a studs up tackle that went in somewhere around the shin. Thanks for clearing that up too.
My point is I didn't see him go in studs up. Going off one view, both players went for the ball. If Rooeny came off like Ramsey in that kinda challenge, them's the breaks.

IIRC, Alan Smith's injury was similar and I saw it then as I see this one.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Absolute rubbish, the perception is that Arsenal don't like it up them. To beat them you must get in and amongst them.

Arsenal are the most fouled side in the league. Cesc is the most fouled player in the league. Arsenal have suffered disproportionately in terms of serious injuries suffered by their players.

Everything is linked. It is not bad luck, nor is it a coincidence, that these injuries keep happening to Arsenal players.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
My point is I didn't see him go in studs up. Going off one view, both players went for the ball. If Rooeny came off like Ramsey in that kinda challenge, them's the breaks.

IIRC, Alan Smith's injury was similar and I saw it then as I see this one.
I guess his ankle snapped by itself then. Silly me.

duffer

Absolute rubbish, the perception is that Arsenal don't like it up them. To beat them you must get in and amongst them.

Arsenal are the most fouled side in the league. Cesc is the most fouled player in the league. Arsenal have suffered disproportionately in terms of serious injuries suffered by their players.

Everything is linked. It is not bad luck, nor is it a coincidence, that these injuries keep happening to Arsenal players.
Nah man, Arsenal are just a bunch of French fairies who cry a lot.