• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2009-2010

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Think you mght be the only person who thought I was being serious there.
Sorry mate I am in a vile mood after going the game today, then I got home and you lot were 1-0 up and the horrible manc twattttts stole it, fook

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway, super pissed off as I watched the worst TRFC home performance in at least 9 years today, but in all honesty possibly in nearly 20 years of being a white. Absolutely ****ing disgraceful, could throw every cliched metpahor out there, spineless etc, we were just a joke, got to a point where everyone cheered a shot on target like a goal towards the end.

Massive "we want barnes out" chants (which I didn't partake in) as well as singing for Ronnie Moore, things not looking good. Fair's fair, we've probably played the best two teams in the division these last two weeks. But today i spent £16 (which, fair enough, is pretty cheap for this level, should say that before I go on rant) watching a shower who didn't seem to give a ****. £16 that at the minute I really shouldn't be spending on football, it's hard to see me affording getting to many games this season and quite frankly it just isn't worth it
Really that bad? I have seen the last two games of two Brentford managers and they almost take on a special atmosphere of their own. The worst was the end of Leroy Rosenior when we lost 4-0 or 5-0 to Crewe and the crowd (like you I did not take part) cheered the last Crewe goal. That was without doubt the worst display I am ever likely to see.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it was really poor. As I've said I'm still not convinced Barnes is entirely to blame, but trying to play pass and move isn't going to work when you've got no ****ing defence. One of my mates put it aptly, "Charlton pass and our players move out of their way."

Sacking Ronnie Moore is really being shown up as a joke though, as it was teams like Charlton where he came into his own, would have backed us to sneak a professional 1-0 under Moore just because he knows how this division works. And also when they sacked him they gave the farcical reason of "dropping attendances" well I haven't looked it up yet, but PP was pretty ****ing empty today.

Last time I felt this low after a league game was a few years back when we imploded against Brizzle ****ty and looked set to go down but I can only think of two home performances (have seen a few away) that come close to this, one was against you lot in 05-06 when you beat us 4-1 just before Xmas, and the other was 00-01 when Wimbledon (remember them?) did us 4-0, also just before Xmas. We went down in 00-01 and stayed up by the skin of our teeth in 06, fun times lie ahead it would seem.

I don't think we can afford to sack Barnes and he's waited too long for a job to walk out on it, so I imagine he'll have time to turn it around. And **** me anyway, what everyone chanting Barnes out isn't thinking of is that if he did go, ****ing McAteer would probably get the job, that would be a disaster, little Bolton fan that he is

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Are Real madrid on the telly are they? Got some disney channel bollocks on tbh, only fair after I made the little un sit through Arse-Man U, this after snapping at them all for an hour when i got back from the game, fuuuummming I am

Should really try and watch as much footy as I can as I am binning Sky Sports off in about two weeks

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Bollocks, as Rose has said, the only signed player that pre-dates the Rafa era is Ferdinand.
You and rose seem to completely miss the boat on my point when I said you traded a world-class player for a world class player. I am not talking currently when I mention the United squad, I can't remember the squad you had when Rafa started but nor does it matter but I am pretty sure Ferdinand is not the only player.

You traded world class player for world-class player until Rafa came. You had already broken transfer record after transfer record to sign players and even when you had sold players you got money back to buy more world-class players. Your squad was already awesome because of prior spending.

So in a discussion on the net spend of a club, buying a player for £12m and selling him for £80m is irrelevant. Riiiiight.
Since Real Madrid spent almost double the world record fee, it makes the whole thing a farce. And again, you weren't working within those transfer constraints until you sold Ronaldo which is this year. Which means every year before does not simply enter the equation because Ronaldo was bought this year.

It's like cricket, if a player averaged 20 over 5 years then 200 in 1 year and ends up averaging 50 overall, it doesn't mean that said player was a 'great' in the 5 years prior to the massive year. Don't lose perspective.

United certainly spent what was by the standards of the time a lot of money in the late 80s and early 90s, but it certainly wasn't as high as you're making out - and was less than several other clubs during the same period. Indeed, the first year that United spent more than any other club (during the Ferguson era) was 1998, with the purchases of Stam, Yorke and Blomqvist.
You broke every transfer record in the book, don't even try to deny it. It was a huge sum then and it benefited you guys after too. In my post I already mentioned the many players you bought through the years and the different transfer records you broke. It's really not even a debate.

----

Anyway, great comeback from 'Pool. Johnson has been our player of the year easily - great signing so far. We have to keep going and keep winning.

P. S. that Glen Johnson really is overrated. :D

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahah Jermain Pennant in Spanish football, apparently he is being very humble and trying to learn the language, do not believe it for a second.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Did anyone else find the fact that Richard Keys doing an impression of the Meerkat on the compare the market adverts, whilst Arshavin was on screen was borderline racist? Seemples? Do us a favour and **** off you camel coat wearing ****head.

cpr

International Coach
You broke every transfer record in the book, don't even try to deny it. It was a huge sum then and it benefited you guys after too. In my post I already mentioned the many players you bought through the years and the different transfer records you broke. It's really not even a debate.
I'll try, Since the Premiership began the British signings record has been broken by Utd a 4 times. (note, the British transfer record only 3 times, as Roy Keane wasnt actually a record transfer involving a british club, Gazza's sale to Lazio was £2m more, dont forget Platt and Waddle moved for more too

So first it was Keane in 94, for £3.75million, a figure all the big clubs were willing to pay, as Forest had offers from Blackburn, Arsenal and, oh, Liverpool. Turned out all clubs knew what an absolute bargain it'd be.....

Then it was Andy Cole for £7m in Jan 1995, a record that only lasted 6 months when Stan Collymore moved for £8.5m to, oh Liverpool

Then yeah we had a splurge 6 years later and signed both Veron and Ferdinand for stupid amounts, though in fairness, when you've won the title 3 years on the trot, a CL in that time, I think the team has earnt you some money to spend....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Modric broken leg. Ouch.
Heartbreaking. :ph34r:

Can't believe we contrived to lose yesterday. Rooney's probaly was a pen, Alumunia's charge was a daft decision that deserved to be punished in any rate, but the only difference between Whine's dive and Eduardo's was the tubby little pikey made sure he made contact with the keeper.

ManUre looked average, Liverpool are in minor crisis & we still can't defend. Pile in on the Chavs now, they're coming in big time already.