• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2008-2009

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
fertang will sympathise with the way they have fallen down the table, reminds me of what happened to Reading last season

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
fertang will sympathise with the way they have fallen down the table, reminds me of what happened to Reading last season
Indeed - but it was great to fulfill and then live the dream - when all's said and done falling back is no great tragedy - after the years of trudging to and from Elm Park (rightly described as the most boring ground in the country) for me I suspect our natural opponents will always be the likes of Tranmere and Exeter (that's not intended to be disrespectful to those clubs) rather than the Man U's and Liverpools of this world - so I say again leaving the premiership was no great tragedy - I am sure if I say it often enough I will eventually believe it

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Indeed - but it was great to fulfill and then live the dream - when all's said and done falling back is no great tragedy - after the years of trudging to and from Elm Park (rightly described as the most boring ground in the country) for me I suspect our natural opponents will always be the likes of Tranmere and Exeter (that's not intended to be disrespectful to those clubs) rather than the Man U's and Liverpools of this world - so I say again leaving the premiership was no great tragedy - I am sure if I say it often enough I will eventually believe it
TBF you have a stadium worthy of the Prem at least. Was v impressed by the Madjeski, although was watched the Exiles rather than the Royals.

chalky

International Debutant
Joey Barton suspended by Newcastle. Apparently went toe-to-toe with Alan Shearer.
queue some other team giving him another chance 'cos he's just misunderstood u know'

Anyway my money's on Redkanpp or Fat Sam, think Redknapp tried to sign him when he was at Pompey & Sam might find someone more loathsome than himself.

cpr

International Coach
Be playing for HMP Risley next season IMO, only a matter of time before he goes out for a 'quiet pint' somewhere

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I couldn't possibly hate the prick more, but ****ward Sheringham just referred to ManUre as "us" on ITV.

ManUre on away goals, btw. :mellow: