• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

BoyBrumby

Englishman
open365 said:
^boy Brumby,isn't your signature kind of cheating?
Meh. I'm stuck with Robbie C until the new year, so I don't want anyone to be under any misconceptions as to my opinion of the fat dancer. :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know yet what groups are in what half, for instance what groups would be in Brazil's half (of the draw assuming they won group F) or is that not decided yet?

Scaly piscine

Ok found it:

(A v C) v (E v G)

(B v D) v (F v H)

That's the fixutres assuming each group winner beats the group runners-up. So basically England want to win group C/E/G or be runners-up of B/D/H to avoid Brazil til the final.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i sincerly hope Englands group is nothing like this:

England
Ivory Coast
Netherlands/Sweden
USA

or else i wont breathe properly :mellow:

Scaly piscine

Ecuador easy team for Germany, if England are runners-up they'd play the winners of Germany's group in the last 16.

Scaly piscine

Bad draw for England in terms of them probably being in Brazil's half, no excuse to not at least make the semis tho.

Last edited:

Pothas

here is the draw

GROUP A
Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

GROUP B
England
Paraguay
Trinidad & Tobago
Sweden

GROUP C
Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia & Montenegro
Holland

GROUP D
Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

GROUP E
Italy
Ghana
USA
Czech Republic

GROUP F
Brazil
Croatia
Australia
Japan

GROUP G
France
Switzerland
South Korea
Togo

GROUP H
Spain
Ukraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Not a bad draw for England. Sweeden clearly a tough game but they are playing them last which is an advantage. Paraguy not a push over either but Trinidad should be straigh forward enough so i think they should fully expect to win the group.
groups C, E and F look enteratining

Last edited:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
If Spain don't get through from that they deserve the label "chokers" for all eternity.
Same goes for Ukraine, who I expect to top that group and be confident of beating Australia/Croatia/Japan

Cloete

International Captain
You've gotta feel for Brazil don't you? Poor guys being placed against the might of Australia!

I do think we have one the most difficult groups, but C and E are the worst! Let's hope the US get smashed, along with Josip Simunic! :@

Pothas

Looking at group E if i had to bet on a big side going out in the group state with would be Italy

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Blaze said:
Just the kind of group I can see England getting knocked out of.
Never. Sweden are the only ones who might have a hope of finishing ahead of us. Paraguay are inexperienced and lacking talent, while Trinidad and Tobago were lucky to even qualify - those who might think they've got a chance because they have Dwight Yorke, it could easily have been Bahrain in their place, and you'd not be saying the same about them.

We should beat Paraguay, draw with Sweden at the very least and smash T&T by three or four.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Pothas said:
Looking at group E if i had to bet on a big side going out in the group state with would be Italy
I'd call Argentina as marginally more likely. Serbia & Montenegro (I hesitate to refer to them as S&M :p :naughty: ) are very underrated, and if Ivory Coast manage to surprise a few people then the Argies could be in for a shock.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
Never. Sweden are the only ones who might have a hope of finishing ahead of us. Paraguay are inexperienced and lacking talent, while Trinidad and Tobago were lucky to even qualify - those who might think they've got a chance because they have Dwight Yorke, it could easily have been Bahrain in their place, and you'd not be saying the same about them.

We should beat Paraguay, draw with Sweden at the very least and smash T&T by three or four.
word out its Englands time to shine. All Sven needs to now is fine tune the side he wants to play in germany, no time for experiments now. For me i would love to see this team play Paraguay in our 1st game:

-------------------------------------------------------ROBINSON----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------TERRY------------------------------------CAMPBELL---------------------------------

NEVILLE------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------COLE

--------------------------------------------------------CARRICK------------------------------------------------------------

BECKHAM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------GERRARD

----------------------------------------------------LAMPARD---------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------OWEN----------------------------------------------------ROONEY----------------------------------