• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2005-06

PY

International Coach
United not in Europe during the Christmas break for the first time since 95-96 I believe.

What a turn-up for the books that is. :wacko:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Can't say that I'm too dissapointed. I normally support any of the English teams in Europe but
1) United were never going to win the CL anyway
2) As Villareal knocked out Everton, its now been proved just how talented a team they are

The play-acting of some European teams recently has been appaling though, there's got to be a crackdown. I'm a ref and even with 10 year olds its so infuriating

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I do like to see British teams do well in Europe (except T*ttenham), but I reserve the right to take the Mickey Bliss when they fail! :D

Fergie for the Spanish archer then?

PY

International Coach
Buffoon : buf·foon Pronunciation (b-fn)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool.

Buffon : Buf·fon Pronunciation (b-fô), Comte Georges Louis Leclerc de 1707-1788.
French naturalist yadda yadda yadda.

Clever joke or poor spelling? I'll let you decide. :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PY said:
Buffon : Buf·fon Pronunciation (b-fô), Comte Georges Louis Leclerc de 1707-1788.
French naturalist yadda yadda yadda.

Clever joke or poor spelling? I'll let you decide. :p
I'm obviously referring to this fella:

More of a Toldo man, myself. :p

(git!) :D

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jungle Jumbo said:
Can't say that I'm too dissapointed. I normally support any of the English teams in Europe but
1) United were never going to win the CL anyway
2) As Villareal knocked out Everton, its now been proved just how talented a team they are

The play-acting of some European teams recently has been appaling though, there's got to be a crackdown. I'm a ref and even with 10 year olds its so infuriating
Book the lot of them! No one ever got away with play-acting in my games. Possibly because they realised that it generally required GBH to make me blow the whistle.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
gah, being a Man U supporter this season has been though i couldn't believe that they lost to benfinca geez, as my pops said today one has to wonder is mr.ferguson still has what it takes to bring glory back to old trafford :@

Craig

World Traveller
steds said:
:laugh:

But seriously, Rangers going through was a real tragedy
Good effort by Inter after having Materazzi and Andreolli going off with injury, and somehow (from what I read) Cristiano Zanetti getting sent off.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
I'm obviously referring to this fella:

More of a Toldo man, myself. :p

(git!) :D
I agree, I am a Toldo fan. Now is the git comment in reference that he once saved an Henry penalty when they played at Highbury two years back?

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
I agree, I am a Toldo fan. Now is the git comment in reference that he once saved an Henry penalty when they played at Highbury two years back?
Yeh, I back Toldo too, he always seemed to play well for Italy when Buffon was injured. I do remember Buffon playing really well in the snow in Moscow? last year. With only a short sleeved shirt on with the temperature below freezing point.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
Nah, I was calling PY a git for spotting my inability to spell properly. :D

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
After some number crunching I've come up with my "predictions" for the draw.

Group A:
Argentina
Ecuador
Ukraine
Serbia and Montenegro

Group B:
Germany
Angola
Croatia
Costa Rica

Group C:
Mexico
Tunisia
Portugal
Trinidad and Tobago

Group D:
Brazil
Ghana
Netherlands
USA

Group E:
Spain
Togo
Switzerland
South Korea

Group F:
Italy
Australia
Sweden
Japan

Group G:
England
Côte d’Ivoire
Czech Republic
Saudi Arabia

Group H:
France
Paraguay
Poland
Iran

Poor Ghana :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hope you're wrong, I reckon The Ivory Coast will be no mugs & yer Czechs will always be a handful.

Sweden are the team I really wanna avoid tho, our record against them is woeful.

I'll guess Poland, Oz & T&T for us!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What I don't get is why the media keep going on about how England don't want to get drawn with Australia... Australia scraped past a 5th? placed South American side on penalties - Australia's past friendly with England was meaningless. Paraguay should be tougher as they finished 4th in South America. Then you've got the African sides who have the 'fear of the unknown' about them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Scaly piscine said:
What I don't get is why the media keep going on about how England don't want to get drawn with Australia... Australia scraped past a 5th? placed South American side on penalties - Australia's past friendly with England was meaningless. Paraguay should be tougher as they finished 4th in South America. Then you've got the African sides who have the 'fear of the unknown' about them.
I reckon it's based around the (entirely wrong, IMHO) assumption that the Oz players would want it more than, say, the Angolans or Ghanans. Frankly if any footballer can't get it up for the World Cup they sholudn't be in their national team!