• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, they need five more wickets to win, although Derbys only need about 75 more runs to win

We were gifting them runs, my thinking was that it would be a pretty meaningless century.
Yeah, I saw you were throwing down declaration pies. But then again it's a pretty meaningless 50 that goes down on his record. So long as people remember it when discussing his conversion rate when discussing whether he warrants and England call up :ph34r:

fredfertang

I wouldn't want to rely on my lot not losing another couple of wickets - I suggest a rain dance for all of us who want to see a Zummerzet title

Jarquis

lol, commentators talking up how SiBo can't bowl to lefties and how Chanderpaul is god... then that happens.
Dire. I like Notts but was backing Somerset for the title. :cry:

stumpski

International Captain
Oh well, that's that then.

Presumably the match could be called off as a draw at any time from now ...

Oh it already has been!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Could Lancs declare? :p
That would have been perfect.

I suppose I wanted Somerset to win the thing for the first time, but I have no great affection for either side. They're both pretty ordinary afaics, so I'm not sure that the eventual top 2 speak volumes for the standard of English cricket.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Lancs declaring would've been hilarious. Wonder if they would've had it been Yorkshire they would've denied the title? :p
Eyes turn to Glamorgan vs Derbyshire then.

stumpski

International Captain
Nothing but pride riding on it, but a good finish at Bristol - Glos 242-8 needing 261. A win for Surrey would lift us over Middlesex which is always welcome. :)

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Didn't believe until about 3ish today that notts could do it but they have played really well in this game and deserved the title.

Well played to Somerset and Yorkshire one of the best finishes to a county championship i have seen.

stumpski

International Captain
Looking very much like a draw at Cardiff now. Glamorgan still need 5 wickets and the Derby pair have just played out two maidens, which suggests they aren't going for it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A wonderful year of sport for me. Plymouth Argyle and Kent relegated and England a pile of dung in the World Cup. As a level of compensation the T/20 World Cup registers a big fat zero. It just needs the Ashes to be done and dusted by December 31st and it will crown a perfect year.

Langeveldt

Soutie
A wonderful year of sport for me. Plymouth Argyle and Kent relegated and England a pile of dung in the World Cup. As a level of compensation the T/20 World Cup registers a big fat zero. It just needs the Ashes to be done and dusted by December 31st and it will crown a perfect year.
**** - Reckon you might be as bad as the holocaust..

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Somerset starting to pick up the pace after a steady start in the CB40 final. Remain to be convinced by Woakes's bowling tho, I'd say he definitely needs to gain a yard if he's to come into international consideration. A chubby Saffie thirty-something journeyman (Carter) still appreciably quicker.

Ambrose not keeping for Warwicks I note; he broken?