• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Briggs will do fine, although he has only bowled 4 overs so far.

Tomlinson done a fine job so far, just got his second wicket. Just wish that we had not given away so many extra's.

Blackwell in now, need to get him straight away.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brilliant run-chase by Northants.

Things certainly not going Middlesex 's way currently!

Pothas

Well that is a dreadfull start to the season, look like another scrap against relegation for this season. Luckily a couple of other sides have lost their oppening games and I still think there are comfortably two worse sides in the division than us but there were much higher hopes for this season than simply avoiding relegation and that is two matches we should never have lost.

Last edited:

Woodster

International Captain
Well that is a dreadfull start to the season, look like another scrap against relegation for this season. Luckily a couple of other sides have lost their oppening games and I still think there are comfortably two worse sides in the division than us but there were much higher hopes for this season than simply avoiding relegation and that is two matches we should never have lost.
Yes massively missing Cork and Mascarenhas in the bowling department to offer them the control and experience. Had high hopes for Hants at the start of the season and still believe they'll go alright this season but obviously need to pick up on their opening performances.

fredfertang

I think Hampshire will be fine - I fear today's result says rather more about Durham than them - I go back to my original prediction that the competition in Div 1 is only going to be for second to ninth

Woodster

International Captain
Another vital innings from Blackwell, Durham proving they are made of Championship material, not knowing when they were beaten against Essex, and winning from a difficult position today. Certainly the side to beat again in 2010, and any county that does finish above them are likely to be the champions.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Luke Sutton must have some secrets on someone at OT because there is absolutely noway he should be playing in the OD game ahead of Gareth Cross, he's a worse keeper and he bats like Chris Tavare's bastard child.

Pothas

It seems slightly odd that Benham played in the county champsionship where he has a tendancy to be a bit rubbish but not in limited overs game today where he is actually quite good, guess it because of Dawson's bowling.

No Kabir either, there were injury concerns yesterday so hope that is not too serious. Corky in for his first game of the season, guess this will be the only format he plays regularly this year.

fredfertang

Luke Sutton must have some secrets on someone at OT because there is absolutely noway he should be playing in the OD game ahead of Gareth Cross, he's a worse keeper and he bats like Chris Tavare's bastard child.
Isn't it just the case that Lanky couldn't give a tuppenny toss about the competition? That's certainly what their team selection suggests to me

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I certainly couldn't give a toss about it at all, would have no issues with them putting out an under-25s side or something. Except I think they're banned from doing that.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Great catch from Gatting that. Not the most interesting game of the day to have on Sky though; would have preferred Hampshire vs Durham, but it'll be interesting to see how MSP and Prior go. Sussex on paper should take this game easily, Worcester's side has really been hit with the losses of Moore, Davies, Batty and Kabir.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cross should have left at the end of last season, I'm sure he could have found another county to give him a chance, our third choice from a couple of years ago is doing alright at Middlesex

Scaly piscine

5 changes from Durham's FC side.

There's becoming quite a difference between the FC and limited overs teams, which is only going to get exaggerated in the T20 I reckon. Before it was really just the bowling that changed around, as Harmison, Onions and Plunkett aren't that suited to limited overs bowling

grecian

5 changes from Durham's FC side.

There's becoming quite a difference between the FC and limited overs teams, which is only going to get exaggerated in the T20 I reckon. Before it was really just the bowling that changed around, as Harmison, Onions and Plunkett aren't that suited to limited overs bowling
Is Killeen injured? Your looking a little threadbare in seam bowling with all these injuries.

Last edited: