• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread 2010

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yup, here it is, at Cardiff, not Lord's as I thought. Middlesex took a first innings lead of 38 and can hardly have thought it would be enough to win by an innings. I wonder if that's the lowest ever total by a side that went on to win the title.

He went away quite satisfied apparently, which suggests it was really all down to overhead conditions.
Or ****e batting...

Low Totals: someone else can look through them and see if there's another Champion County to hand.

stumpski

International Captain
It would be absolutely incredible if Derby were to go on to win that, as it seems they will atm.

In the Sky game, selected with perfect timing it seems, KP is in the field first. And no Shakib for Worcs.

stumpski

International Captain
Eight down now at Bristol, and Derbyshire have Hughes to thank; he helped the tail add 61 for the last two wickets and gave Gloucs a much trickier target than they'd have liked.

Edit: 61 for 9, and Marshall gone, their last hope.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Big crowd at the Oval - wonder what provoked this sudden explosion of interest in CB40?

Two conclusions to be drawn from the first few balls I've seen
(a) Moeen Ali has an awesome beard, right in the Anwar league
(b) I now understand why Lancs were picking Daren Powell over Steven Cheetham

Bizarre game at Bristol, rather overshadowing Oxfordshire's Jack Taylor making his FC debut for the hosts - doesn't seem to have been the greatest of tracks for a young offie to come in on, mind. He hasn't had a trundle and made 6 and 3. Though to be fair, that 3 is the third-highest score in Gloucester's run-chase...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would quite like him to get out now but think this game is lost for us anyway, bloody anoying that we field our strongest batting lineup of the whole season and collapse for 160 on the first day.

stumpski

International Captain
Low Totals: someone else can look through them and see if there's another Champion County to hand.
Can't see one, at first perusal ... I would query whether all the matches on that list were genuinely first-class though, particularly those from the 18th century. And the Bs match in which they were all out for 6 has only ever been a footnote in Wisden.

100 for Solanki, well played.

stumpski

International Captain
I've commented on Shantry's action before, but what is it that's 'up' with it? Is he bowling off the wrong foot? Or is it just downright ugly?

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Absolutely amazing effort with the bat, Andrew's 2nd fifty was incredible.

still think we'll lose though aha, VERY inexperienced bowling line up.

stumpski

International Captain
Absolutely amazing effort with the bat, Andrew's 2nd fifty was incredible.

still think we'll lose though aha, VERY inexperienced bowling line up.
Nah, not unless Russell bowls his full stint - his radar looks a bit askew so far.

Surrey will get over 300, but I don't see us winning.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've commented on Shantry's action before, but what is it that's 'up' with it? Is he bowling off the wrong foot? Or is it just downright ugly?
Reminds me of that left-handed Pakistan bowler, Tanvir.

Unlike Tanvir he seems to be bowling off the right foot, but he's so front on and his right arm falls away so much it looks a bit spasticated.

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nah, not unless Russell bowls his full stint - his radar looks a bit askew so far.

Surrey will get over 300, but I don't see us winning.
Think it's only Russell's 2nd game for us, we really could have done with one of Richardson or Mason in the team. Plenty of people who can bowl for us but nobody that stands out as anything special.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First time I've seen Hamilton-Brown bat this season - impressed tbh

The bloke at the other end looks vaguely familiar - not as good as RHB though

stumpski

International Captain
Martin what's your vew on f-c status being given to matches from the Hambledon era? It was a completely different game then I would say. But CA's records have differed from Wisden's for a while now.