• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wpdavid said:
Terrific figures again. I see he was the seventh bowler to be used by Knight today, and still managed a five-for. Possibly a first.
Must be a first for a spinner to have 14 wickets in 3 innings by the middle of April!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Already ten more CC wickets than he recorded throughout last year!

I can remember Mark Davies being devastating at the beginning of last season, and then tailing away somewhat (maybe injured?) - he still took 50 wickets in 10 FC games. Never seen him bowl, but always assumed him to be one who extracts plenty movement in the air (don't ask me why that is!)

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
(Davies) 50 wickets at about 18 or so - injury hit him I believe.
I, quite wrongly, had him down as one of our numerous trundlers averaging about 35 with the ball. Then I looked up his figures and was astounded to see how impressive they are. I can only assume that Neil is right about the amount of movement he gets. Davies certainly must be doing something right.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
He's only notated as RM on Cricinfo (but we know how much that's worth), and he swept the board at the Durham Player of the Year awards (barring batting, obviously. Comes in after Harmy).

He was comfortably the fastest to fifty wickets last season before a side strain ruled him out for the duration. Not sure he's Hoggard-pace, maybe more Bicknellesque?

twctopcat

International Regular
superkingdave said:
good 6-fer for Tremlett, i think this season could definately be a key one for him, he's 23 now, his FC record is pretty decent. If he pushes on from here, he'll be in contention before too long
Warne seems to hugely rate him, and if he keeps up this form for long the selectors will come looking. With the height he has got (6 ft 7) i'm sure the ECB will be keeping close tabs.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmy skittles Worcestershire's lower order again, Durham will soon have won more County Championship games than they did all of last season.

Swervy

International Captain
Think I am gonna bob over to Headingley tomorow on my lonesome (boo hoo)..meant to be a lovely day...Harvey on 150 odd, and hope to get to see Tresco,Jaya,Blackwell and co have a slog about the park

chris.hinton

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Harmy skittles Worcestershire's lower order again, Durham will soon have won more County Championship games than they did all of last season.
Looks like we are going to lose to Durham who look like they have got a good attack

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Davis? The Sussex spinner? You mean Davies? Have you ever seen him bowl, Chris? What's the guy like action/end product wise?

In aid of ending the stream of questions, YYYYAAAAYYYY Harmo Hat Trick :)

chris.hinton

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Davis? The Sussex spinner? You mean Davies? Have you ever seen him bowl, Chris? What's the guy like action/end product wise?

In aid of ending the stream of questions, YYYYAAAAYYYY Harmo Hat Trick :)

Neil

its the Durham Bowler

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
twctopcat said:
Warne seems to hugely rate him, and if he keeps up this form for long the selectors will come looking. With the height he has got (6 ft 7) i'm sure the ECB will be keeping close tabs.
After watching the highlights posted here, his height does seem to make batting awkward at times and because of that, he appears to be a decent bowler - deserved his six wicket bag, good reward for some good bowling.

shaka

International Regular
Ian Harvey smashed his previous highest score of 138, by contributing 209* in the teams declared total for Yorkshire of 501/9

shaka

International Regular
Warne going at 4 rpo atm. Not good considering overall run rate for Sussex of 2.53 rpo.Sussex lead by 154 with 7 wickets remaining