• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Domestic Season 2009

stumpski

International Captain
Middlesex look like denying Derbyshire the win that would be a huge boost to their promotion prospects - the 9th wicket pair have held out for 20 overs.

stumpski

International Captain
Certainly does, many congratulations on the new addition to the family. :)

Timing is a bit awry though, it was really next winter you could've done with the sleepless nights!

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly does, many congratulations on the new addition to the family. :)

Timing is a bit awry though, it was really next winter you could've done with the sleepless nights!
Thanks stumpski. Yep our first child (full name Ella Goodwin Mushtaq Zaremba) was conveniently born in late October '07 which fitted in quite nicely with the England tour to Sri Lanka. My wife couldn't believe how keen I was to get up and do the early feeds.

Not sure how it'll work this time round for Georgia Nash Yardy Zaremba.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointed you haven't called her Pushy
Ah, well Pushy wasn't on the SCCC books when we were shortlisting names. And Yassir Arafat, who was, wouldn't do because (a) Mrs Z quite fancies him and (b) the little 'un would be refused a visa to half the countries in the world with that sort of middle name

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, well Pushy wasn't on the SCCC books when we were shortlisting names. And Yassir Arafat, who was, wouldn't do because (a) Mrs Z quite fancies him and (b) the little 'un would be refused a visa to half the countries in the world with that sort of middle name
Can't argue with that - still there's always next time :)

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
We'd better watch out or someone will warn us re conducting private / OT discussions here. Just talk Man Talk! Cricket! Wrestling! Grrrrr!

fredfertang

Personally I think discussing naming offspring after favourite cricketers is a legitimate subject for CC - although this ain't the thread I suppose

Scaly piscine

Thanks stumpski. Yep our first child (full name Ella Goodwin Mushtaq Zaremba) was conveniently born in late October '07 which fitted in quite nicely with the England tour to Sri Lanka. My wife couldn't believe how keen I was to get up and do the early feeds.

Jesus. How'd you square choosing those names with your wife?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Mrs Z and I considered Botham and Pratt as middle names and although she admitted that they went well together she maintained that they sounded too northern - "I'm not having my child named after a couple of ****ing Inuit" were her exact words IIRC

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

When my twins were about five days old I took them downstairs for a night feed. Missus was like, "it's okay just feed them in the bedroom." Guess she didn't realise that I couldn't watch Colly destroying the Aussies up there.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah, a chase of 230 in 45 overs or so could make for an interesting afternoon down there. Yorkshire's tail has wagged pretty well most of the season though.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Chawla is a star once more, he really would be 'pushying' for a Test spot if Harbhajan and Mishra hadn't been performing so well.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yep there's a glimmer of hope. Not sure if there's going to be enough time left though. Any idea of how many overs remain?

Jarquis

Chawla (41) and Smith(32) bowled 73 overs off Yorkshire's 98.1 over long second innings between them :laugh: