• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Tbh I don't get why Surrey declared, a ttol collapse form us was very unlikely anyway, even with Ballance not in the side for the 2nd innings think they'd have been better off trying to get maximum batting points tbh.

stumpski

International Captain
Tbh I don't get why Surrey declared, a ttol collapse form us was very unlikely anyway, even with Ballance not in the side for the 2nd innings think they'd have been better off trying to get maximum batting points tbh.

Yeah, I was thinking that yesterday. Perhaps if they knew that Yorkshire had no intention of making any sort of game of it they'd have gone on, although you'd think that captains do talk to each other. There was always the chance that they might have fallen short and gifted Yorkshire another bowling point but the way Pietersen was going they could have got there in another five or six overs (and got KP to his 200 as well).

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Azharullah showed earlier that Pakistan probably have 20 or so better one day bowlers than some of the chumps that play for England. First ball of a new spell came back and bowled a perfect inswinging yorker to clean up the kid Fell who batted nicely for 55. Chris Russel bowled nicely earlier bucking the trend that you must bowl at less than 75mph to play for Worcs.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the look of this Kapil kid. Only seen 4 balls mind you. Only issue is he's puffing already

Pothas

Thought you were only allowed to make that comment about Surrey?

Good to see him in the runs though.

stumpski

International Captain
Less than scintillating final day at TB, once Notts avoided the follow-on the only point of interest was whether Taylor could make his 200, which he did just before the match was put out of its misery. 13th double of the season going into the T20s. Pretty sure that's already more than last year.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
At one point of time, James Taylor was touted to be the next big thing for England..Not hearing much news about him nowadays..Looks like Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Buttler, Bopara, Hales etc have overtaken him..Is he still in England radar?

fredfertang

At one point of time, James Taylor was touted to be the next big thing for England..Not hearing much news about him nowadays..Looks like Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Buttler, Bopara, Hales etc have overtaken him..Is he still in England radar?
He got a double ton in his last innings so if he had dropped off the radar it I'm sure he'll be back on now

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Averaging about fifty million in the proforty as well
That is great. Good luck for the kid..

Also, I have always had this doubt.. Though I have never seen him play, Peter Trego has decent stats (6000+ runs and 250+ wickets). Also, he hits those runs at a brilliant strike rate.. I remember India's match vs Somerset in which he smashed our bowlers all around the park.. I have also seen few other touring team practice match scorecards vs somerset in which he has done well indicating that he could make the jump to international level..

Why has he never got a chance to represent England in any format? Is there any apparent weakness?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Of all those you've mentioned, only Bairstow has overtaken him to be honest, rest are way behind him.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Assume he's talking about internationals in general tbf. Although all these guys are considered for different formats, I'd imagine he's ahead of Stokes and Hales for ODIs for example.

He's still in the England radar though, I'm sure, he always appears in Lions teams and often as captain.

mde203

Cricket Spectator
That is great. Good luck for the kid..

Also, I have always had this doubt.. Though I have never seen him play, Peter Trego has decent stats (6000+ runs and 250+ wickets). Also, he hits those runs at a brilliant strike rate.. I remember India's match vs Somerset in which he smashed our bowlers all around the park.. I have also seen few other touring team practice match scorecards vs somerset in which he has done well indicating that he could make the jump to international level..

Why has he never got a chance to represent England in any format? Is there any apparent weakness?
Lacking in pace as a bowler. Can move the ball around but can't be much over 80mph. As a batsman he can hit the ball but his technique is poor and he isn't particularly flexible. It's just stand and hit.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can tell he's been coached by Craig White. Has an approach almost as languid as the Victorio-Tyke's and generates real whip from a quick arm action.

Gets amazing climb from very full lengths.

Kid has summat, no doubt.