• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Important Geoff Boycott News:

Do you see much of (Yorkshire president) Geoff Boycott?

I speak to him from time to time. He has been very supportive -- as have all the staff here, who are great and more experienced than I am -- and I can't thank him enough.

It's funny, Geoff is not big on technology so I got an email from his wife and it included a scanned letter from him congratulating us on the win. I pissed myself. Comedy gold.
Former fast bowler Jason Gillespie is now coaching in England after a stint in Zimbabwe | adelaidenow

stumpski

International Captain
Look at his record, I don't think you're being quite fair there. It is a one-day batting masterclass he's putting on. Bumble talking about putting the keeper right back, obviously the catches wouldn't carry - not edges anyway - but wouldn't he have to be within the circle?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look at his record, I don't think you're being quite fair there. It is a one-day batting masterclass he's putting on. Bumble talking about putting the keeper right back, obviously the catches wouldn't carry - not edges anyway - but wouldn't he have to be within the circle?
I was talking more this season, out now though. Disappointing, was hoping for a ton.:(

stumpski

International Captain
Writer of the MCC Coaching Manual busily spinning in his grave. :D

Looking at the figures, young Wilfred should have had more overs perhaps.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Can't wait for Moin Ashraf's parody account take on this. Dunno why Yorkshire were discussing the field towards the end - doubt they'll get within a 100 of this score.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
There are times I get frustrated with taking up my whole Saturday playing 100 overs of cricket in the cold, not bowling and scoring 5.

When Somerset pile on 338-5 in 40 overs is one of those times. Hoping a torrent can save the day.

Anyway, Buttler really is incredible. Hope the media don't hype him up too much before the CT though. Boy's still in his early days.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
There are times I get frustrated with taking up my whole Saturday playing 100 overs of cricket in the cold, not bowling and scoring 5.

When Somerset pile on 338-5 in 40 overs is one of those times. Hoping a torrent can save the day.

Anyway, Buttler really is incredible. Hope the media don't hype him up too much before the CT though. Boy's still in his early days.
Ha, Willis was in his 'this boy has to be playing test cricket for england in a couple of years' and 'he needs to bat 3 or 4 in all formats of the game' form for somerset.

but still he is incredible and played some amazing shots. It reminded me a little of a good pro smashing around a village attack on the village green- just too easy for the most part.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
To be fair to RGDW I've been banging the "Jos 4 tests" gong for some time.

What's easy to ignore amidst all the funky scoops and ramps and such is that he plays straight and has a very solid basic technique. Taylor, who people talked up as a possible for the first NZ test, has far more glaring flaws in his basic MO.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Taylor hasn't really done much better than Joss is the first division anyway - talk of him dominating the counties like Compton started to do is a bit of a red herring.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only reason I mentioned Taylor as a possible was because he scored a ton and a 90 back to back and Bairstow hadn't scored any runs. The big ton last week ended that discussion.