• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Sri Lanka 2014

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Taylor, Morgan and Buttler are an outside chance of doing something similar for us in the chase but there's no way in hell our top 3 will put on 120+ at 5.5

viriya

International Captain
Not sure what to make of this.. Thisara has definitely expanded his game from just slogs, but this bowling though.. don't think it's wise to read so much into this..

I feel like Eng have this "must bowl all-sorts to confuse batsmen" idea for death overs.. They end up confused themselves..

grecian

Not sure what to make of this.. Thisara has definitely expanded his game from just slogs, but this bowling though.. don't think it's wise to read so much into this..

I feel like Eng have this "must bowl all-sorts to confuse batsmen" idea for death overs.. They end up confused themselves..
I must admit I'm pretty much hoping for a whole new seam attack for the World Cup, Plunkers, Broad and Jimmeh at least.

viriya

International Captain
I must admit I'm pretty much hoping for a whole new seam attack for the World Cup, Plunkers, Broad and Jimmeh at least.
Will they be able to just show up and perform? Malinga didn't play for SL but that was cos of injury.. surely you need match practice?

grecian

Will they be able to just show up and perform? Malinga didn't play for SL but that was cos of injury.. surely you need match practice?
There are practice games, Plunkett is bowling for the EPP, probably in conditions more like the WC

ATM, though it's that tired old refrain "that they couldn't be much worse", I'm afraid.old .

Riggins

International Captain
So so so nice to watch a highlights package showing the highlights from behind the bowlers arm.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taylor, Morgan and Buttler are an outside chance of doing something similar for us in the chase but there's no way in hell our top 3 will put on 120+ at 5.5
Does look like a cracking wicket from what I could see from a slightly grainy stream. SL favourites, but won't be ruling England out.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
He's always had his days, with both bat and ball, what he lacks in consistency he makes up for with impact, he's worth having around given his ability to win matches IMO

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Does look like a cracking wicket from what I could see from a slightly grainy stream. SL favourites, but won't be ruling England out.
It's a good pitch and our attack is pretty depleted, England well in with a shot IMO

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Can't wait till we leave Sri Lanka. It's nothing personal, I'm just bored of s not being able to play finger spin from ball one.