• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Sri Lanka 2014

cpr

International Coach
Missed Ali's dismissal, but Cook's was poor again, nowhere near the ball, caught on the pad by a ball not really turning... He didn't look comfortable really against either spinner

Taylor is batting well, and Root is just starting to hit out too, vital they build a decent knock here.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Another ugly hack from Ali tbh, don't know why he just didn't play his normal game as is a fantastic timer of the ball..

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So pleasing to see Taylor doing so well.

Would be even more pleasing if Moores just euthanized Cook already, the poor man needs to be put down.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
This has been excellent by Taylor. In all likelihood he had one chance to make the WC squad (the last game) and he took it. Has shown more understanding in these two innings in how to play an odi innings than bell has shown in his whole career.

Stapel

International Regular
I'm reading cricinfo while monitoring a test (13-14 year olds). I came across this phrase:

Nicking runs like two whippersnappers...

Before I google it. Do you native English speakers know what they mean here?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'm reading cricinfo while monitoring a test (13-14 year olds). I came across this phrase:

Nicking runs like two whippersnappers...

Before I google it. Do you native English speakers know what they mean here?
Little kids - running like mad

They are running SL ragged in the field.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has been excellent by Taylor. In all likelihood he had one chance to make the WC squad (the last game) and he took it. Has shown more understanding in these two innings in how to play an odi innings than bell has shown in his whole career.
Hope it is just the start and he makes it into the test side soon.

Cook
???
Ballance
Bell
Root
Taylor
Moeen
Buttler
Broad
???
Anderson

Looks a decent side that with a couple of places up for grabs.

the big bambino

International Captain
Whatever happens it's worrying times for England in the near future with Broad and Anderson at the wrong end of their careers and seemingly no-one looking anywhere close to stepping up.
Broad's 28. Another 4 years left in him. Time enough for Finn, Jordan and Stokes to develop.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope it is just the start and he makes it into the test side soon.

Cook
???
Ballance
Bell
Root
Taylor
Moeen
Buttler
Broad
???
Anderson

Looks a decent side that with a couple of places up for grabs.
He has not really made that much of a case for making the test side though, think it is pretty safe to say he is a much better one day player at this stage.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
How's Senna's new action?
Looks good, he is probably not far from the 15 degree mark, I reckon I can still detect a slight kink but the off-break looks more threatening now, he's pivoting through the crease a little better now