• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Sri Lanka 2014

Langeveldt

Soutie
Anyone having trouble listening to this with the cacophony of plastic horns going on? Reminds me of the football world cup with the vuvuzelas. Wish they would turn the FX microphone down

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Don't really buy that Root is a significantly better bat, his List A record isn't brilliant either. £ tons in 65 games. Worse run-rate, and for England after a great start he's not done much in the form.

Good innings last time up in a dead rubber. Yet no reason to believe he's outstanding or owt.
Gotta remember that most of his list a record are England and England lions games. Only 16 Yorkshire games in the 65 most at the start of his career.

But whatever. Let's get on with the game.

Hope it rains and we need 170 off 20.

viriya

International Captain
any idea why Jeevan Mendis was not picked for Indian tour?
I think the selectors wanted Thisara to grab the all-rounder spot since Jeevan would bring another spin option which they aren't looking for for the WC... but Thisara has proven to be relatively useless lately so they've reverted.. Jeevan's a busy cricketer but it looks like he's added some range to his strokeplay which is good to see..

For Eng, why didn't Bopara bowl more? Conditions suited slow medium pace and he went for 3.75/over off his 4 overs while everyone else was getting hammered.. really makes no sense.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Cook never backs Ravi enough as a bowler. Bit of an odd one when they play for the same county and your seam bowling options are Stokes, Woakes and Gurney.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
The virtue of DRS..the correct decision was reached by using the system so I don't see how anyone can not value it's use...

anil1405

International Captain
I think the selectors wanted Thisara to grab the all-rounder spot since Jeevan would bring another spin option which they aren't looking for for the WC... but Thisara has proven to be relatively useless lately so they've reverted.. Jeevan's a busy cricketer but it looks like he's added some range to his strokeplay which is good to see..
This guy is handy player who keeps himself busy and a very good fielder too. I would like to see him bat at 6 in the WC. Sanga/Perera will keep wickets plus Matthews (another all rounder) will bat at no.5. So there surely must be room for him at no.6 or 7.

Antihippy

International Debutant
Loving that moeen is flashing at everything, but he needs to tone it down a bit. Played some great shots though.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pretty great to come off with this approach with the field in. Want to see what Moeen can do with a start during the lull period of the innings though. Lull batting - at five or so an over for long periods in the middle - is what wins you ODIs