• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Jezroy

State Captain
Urgh, McMillan is so irritating. "New Zealand aren't being aggressive enough! They need to try and score faster!"
Richardson: "Like Taylor tried to do immediately before getting out?"
Changes subject.
My personal favourite is how he talks about when batsmen have brain fades (ala Rutherford yesterday), and can't comprehend how it happens.

Someone needs to make him a DVD of his dismissals.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Meh, it is what it is and it's not going to change. Far worse 10-15 years ago when NZ were quite good and England were actually rubbish, so sections of the English media had nothing whatsoever to justify their default position of we are England, we are good at cricket, you are little New Zealand, if you somehow beat us you were fortunate, we were unlucky, external factors conspired against us etc.
Agreed I remember before the 1999 series how Wisden was grumbling that New Zealand didn't deserve a 4 test series, and that they were the most uncharasmatic team in the world. A bit rich, given how England's headline players at the time were Andy Caddick and Nasser Hussain.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blame me for Taylor's dismissal, I finally sat down to watch after a busy morning. :dry:

NZ need to be wary, If England can roll them for 350-380 they could still get a significant first innings lead.

Meanwhile..........Cook's getting away with murder in terms of slowing things down and fair-play to him if the umpiring aren't going to intervene.

Ahhh, another wicket, England have all the momentum

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, what a horrible way to get out. Might be one of those days today after a great day yesterday.

Was about the only way Finn was going to get a wicket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Goddamit, still waiting for this alleged wicket to occur.

If England bowl us out for around 400 they still have a chance of winning assuming we get 5 full days of play.

Oh now it happens - a shame to get out like that. And a good catch.

Meridio

International Regular
This is turning into a bad session. England getting back into the game.

Loathe as I am to agree with some of the drivel spewed out by the commentators, I do think we've been a bit passive this morning. Not saying we should've come out all guns blazing, and England have bowled negatively, but we haven't picked up enough singles, and have hit the infield too often.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good decision by DRS there. Bat quite far from ball even without hotspot.

Though interesting that the ball was only just going over the stumps.

Jezroy

State Captain
Is there any other mode of dismissal Reiffel wants them to check while they're at it?
He was probably thinking "I can't be wrong... I can't be wrong...".

"It's not out, Paul."

"Check something else then, ****. I hate this short little tattooed ****."

Zinzan

I'd really like them to clarify that rule now because assuming Reiffel initially said it was LBW and then was some bat on hotspot, could they have given it out caught?

Uppercut

I'd really like them to clarify that rule now because assuming Reiffel initially said it was LBW and then was some bat on hotspot, could they have given it out caught?
In cricket we generally wait until it results in a total ****ing shambles in the middle of a tight match before we make a decision on these things.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, because Reiffel would've made the lbw decision on the incorrect assumption that the ball had missed the bat.