• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Kind of worried about Jadeja being established in the Champions trophy now. Hopefully he does well in English conditions too.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Shami Ahmed Looking good. Bowls 135 to 140 k and has good seam position.

Though probably needs to be more accurate than he was today, but still impressive and want him in tests ahead of Dinda and even Ishant.

Encouraging that the 2 new guys are already doing better.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's a forlorn hope there Cevno didn't look very solid early on here god knows what he'd be like at Headingley or Trent Bridge.

Just checked the fixtures no games at them two venues anyway.

Gets easier tracks.
Fixtures, Schedule | ICC Champions Trophy | ESPN Cricinfo
Still not at all confident about his batting in India let alone those conditions and then his bowling wasn't great last time in England too.

He has been dropped after every almost every away series he has played so far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
can only assume PEWS put some money on Jadeja winning m.o.t.m
Unfortunately not; he was due though. Pretty sure this is his fifth MOTM award and the first time he's won it that I haven't bet on him. He mixes in being a complete clown cricketer in ODIs with winning India matches and picking up MOTM awards; one of the weirdest ODI cricketers ever. Gets these awards so much more often than many supposedly 'better' ODI players.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I didn't watch the India innings; any reason Root only bowled the two overs? He didn't go for many in the overs he did bowl and he bowled really well in the previous game, yet Patel bowled 10 and Woakes/Dernbach bowled plenty and got hammered.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I didn't watch the India innings; any reason Root only bowled the two overs? He didn't go for many in the overs he did bowl and he bowled really well in the previous game, yet Patel bowled 10 and Woakes/Dernbach bowled plenty and got hammered.
Patel started out pretty well, as did Woakes in fact. Dernbach only bowled 4 overs in the first 36 of the innings. Most of the hammering inflicted on Woakes and Dernbach was in overs that you wouldn't really dream of bowling a part time off spinner in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Patel started out pretty well, as did Woakes in fact. Dernbach only bowled 4 overs in the first 36 of the innings. Most of the hammering inflicted on Woakes and Dernbach was in overs that you wouldn't really dream of bowling a part time off spinner in.
Fair enough. Makes sense given Jadeja's innings I suppose.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Unfortunately not; he was due though. Pretty sure this is his fifth MOTM award and the first time he's won it that I haven't bet on him. He mixes in being a complete clown cricketer in ODIs with winning India matches and picking up MOTM awards; one of the weirdest ODI cricketers ever. Gets these awards so much more often than many supposedly 'better' ODI players.
I like Jadeja. I think he's only going to improve as a cricketer and become the all-rounder that is so valuable in ODIs. Speaking of all-rounders, Kumar has proved himself as a top bowler, I hope he shows himself as a good batsman too. Then we'll have Jadeja, Ashwin and Kumar at 7, 8 and 9 which will mean we'll be extremely strong at chasing and setting targets.

As for Ishant, I'm unsure what to think. He did well against Pakistan but has been a deadweight against England. Do we have anyone better though? Let's hope Aaron returns to fitness soon!

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
So
Player Span Mat Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5
JW Dernbach (Eng) 2011-2013 20 171.1 5 1062 29 4/45 36.62 6.20 35.4 1 0

GC Smith (Afr/SA) 2002-2012 186 171.0 0 951 18 3/30 52.83 5.56 57.0 0 0

Dire.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I love how the first match after Dernbach completes the number of balls needed to be bowled to reach that qualification, it's posted.