• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Lovely nut. Quality operator. Think that might be it for Sammy in tests. Barely bowled and wasn't sawn off this time.
Suspect the second dig will be a shoot out between Baristow and Samit. With Panesar in Samit's bowling is much less of a factor, so it comes down to who is the better batsmen.

Like I've said, before, it's all good saying Patel isn't good enough, but I have very little confidence in either of Bairstow or Morgan, and certainly wouldn't say it's a formality that they're better bats than Patel, like some others are suggesting.

Stapel

International Regular
From the laws:

Here's the part of the Laws referring to catches off helmets: Law 32.3. "The act of making the catch shall start from the time when the ball in flight comes into contact with some part of a fielder's person other than a protective helmet, and shall end when a fielder obtains complete control both over the ball and over his own movement..." Then it goes on to add: "...However, it is not a fair catch if the ball has previously touched a protective helmet worn by a fielder. The ball will then remain in play."

Does that mean the ball cannot touch the helmet:
-before the act of making the catch starts? (thus out)
-before the act of making the catch ends? (thus not out)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would this count as better than his masterpiece against SA last summer for KP?

Been a top knock and safe to say he is now reintegrated. Another hour or so of him going fully and it could be enough of a lead to win the game.

Spikey

KP seems to be pretty okay with slow-left arm right now. And it's not like Ojha's bowling poorly, or on a deck with no assistance. Much like back in March when he scored a big matchwinning ton on a turning wicket in Sri Lanka while Herath (probably the best slow left-armer in the world) took a 10-for.

What, what goes on in your head Kevin
don't forget

Stapel

International Regular
KP seems to be pretty okay with slow-left arm right now. And it's not like Ojha's bowling poorly, or on a deck with no assistance. Much like back in March when he scored a big matchwinning ton on a turning wicket in Sri Lanka while Herath (probably the best slow left-armer in the world) took a 10-for.

What, what goes on in your head Kevin
The KP-can't-play-left-arm-spin issue is massively overrated. IMHO, that's all there is to say about it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
From reading that, it sounds as though a catch off the helmet is okay so long as you've "started" taking the catch before it hits the helmet. So you have to at least get a hand or arm or something to it first.

Anyway, it was out, look in t' book.

edit @ stapel

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Would this count as better than his masterpiece against SA last summer for KP?

Been a top knock and safe to say he is now reintegrated. Another hour or so of him going fully and it could be enough of a lead to win the game.
Tbh, I wasn't really sure whether I rated that SA knock as better than the Colombo effort. How this knock is rated will depend on how many more he scores and the match result.

Spikey

Adam Mountford ‏@tmsproducer

cont . . Umpires said they couldn't reverse decision unless India agreed. MS Dhoni was asked but chose not to #bbccricket

smash84

The Tiger King
wow....England turning it on now.....

I do get the feeling that India won't be so easy to bundle out in the second dig

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bishen Bedi thinks he has a suspect action as well. :wacko:
I mean, Ojha's not as high armed as Monty or the great man was himself, but then neither was Deadly and I can't recall anyone ever questioning his action.

Reserve the right to maintain my doubts about Ashwin's action tho, ftr.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From reading that, it sounds as though a catch off the helmet is okay so long as you've "started" taking the catch before it hits the helmet. So you have to at least get a hand or arm or something to it first.

Anyway, it was out, look in t' book.

edit @ stapel
Nah, any helmet contact = no catch.

flibbertyjibber

wow....England turning it on now.....

I do get the feeling that India won't be so easy to bundle out in the second dig
Depends how Swann and Panesar bowl. They might not let India off the hook. Safe to say there are 4 of the top 7 who look out of form in the India line up.