• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yay Bangladesh! :D So happy to see them get the monkey off their backs.

They'd be a match for any team in the world in these conditions.

cricman

International 12th Man
I'm kinda curious what the Venue is going to be for the Bangladesh/India Test. Especially if Mustafziur is back

Mehdi was great but Tamim should have been MOTM and MOTS.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm kinda curious what the Venue is going to be for the Bangladesh/India Test. Especially if Mustafziur is back

Mehdi was great but Tamim should have been MOTM and MOTS.
Its already selected I think. Its Kolkata, Eden Gardens iirc.

For the man of the match, there can be an argument for Tamim but for the series, Miraz is more deserving. Also Stokes in contention.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Haha yes if Fizzy-Miraz-Shakib play together then that will be India's toughest home test in the last couple of years.

However, India may just opt for a pace-friendly pitch to destroy Bangla.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
10 wickets in a session - don't remember when I saw that the last time

Did the Stuart Broad destruction job during last Ashes happen within a session?

Challis

U19 12th Man
As discussed if they had a decent keeper they could move Mushy to 4. Or alternatively given how well the under 19's have done do they have any prospects who could come in?

Over to AZH as Pews will get them in a muddle.
There are actually a few decent WK prospects in Bangladesh. Nurul Hasan, who was in the squad is probably the best with the gloves and has a first class batting average over 40. Then there is Liton Das, who was injured for this series; he has played in 3 Tests and looked good with the gloves and bat. Best of the lot could be U19 player Zakir Hasan, looks very promising and lots of potential. Any of these options would be an improvement over Mushy.

In terms of batsmen Mosaddek Hossain Saikat is next in line and Nazmul Hossain Shanto from the last batch of U19 is supposed to be one to watch as he is good against pace and a natural number 3.

For now I would make Mushy give up the gloves (and captaincy) and stick him in at number 3, moving Mominul to 4, Mahmadullah to 5, Shakib 6, with WK being one of Litton or Nurul.

Challis

U19 12th Man
This was a great series, my interest had been fading in BD cricket over the last year or so as they don't play enough, I had watched most of the ODI games and the first Test just wish I watched this last day, what a roller coaster.

Also huge Kudos to England for not cancelling the tour, as that would have been an easy option and couldn't have blamed them if they did. I feel they have been criticised a lot for team selection being disrespectful, arrogant etc but not given enough credit in the first place for carrying on with this tour. Glad that the series was a memorable one for all the right reasons.

listento_me

U19 Captain
Duckett should be the least of England's worries. He has shown he's good enough opening in spinning conditions and not based on this innings only, he played well in ODIs too.
did he open in the ODIs? I really can't remember.

Thing is, Duckett will be up against more quality in India and much tougher conditions when it comes to crowd pressure and the class of the opposition. He hasn't really played a long innings. But I agree with regards to Duckett being the least of those worries. The middle order is too flimsy and was just as incompetent at times against Pakistan.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
There are actually a few decent WK prospects in Bangladesh. Nurul Hasan, who was in the squad is probably the best with the gloves and has a first class batting average over 40. Then there is Liton Das, who was injured for this series; he has played in 3 Tests and looked good with the gloves and bat. Best of the lot could be U19 player Zakir Hasan, looks very promising and lots of potential. Any of these options would be an improvement over Mushy.

In terms of batsmen Mosaddek Hossain Saikat is next in line and Nazmul Hossain Shanto from the last batch of U19 is supposed to be one to watch as he is good against pace and a natural number 3.

For now I would make Mushy give up the gloves (and captaincy) and stick him in at number 3, moving Mominul to 4, Mahmadullah to 5, Shakib 6, with WK being one of Litton or Nurul.
You can tell it from Mushy that it's taking a hard toll on him by doing the WK job and captaincy at the same time and also a lot of expectation from him as batsman too. I would give him a pass mark in this series overall. Always have been advocating about him giving up gloves and captaincy and play as a batsman only in tests. I've started to sway away from that and thinking that If he gives up captaincy/WK then the balance of the team shifts. Nurul/Liton has to bat at 7 and then Miraz followed by tail. Shabbir is arguably the better bat than Liton/Nurul and playing him at 7 keeps the tail away from exposing a bit. Miraz is a good batsman but I think he'll take his time to transform his under 19 batting performance to international level. That's also a reason I'm thinking a better bat to play at 7 for now.

burr

State Vice-Captain
That was awesome. England have this habit of playing in great series recently, hope India's a classic.

Go Bangas! And well done England for touring. Good job all round.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ballance can still have a test career just maybe not with England. Got so many issues that it’s hard to see how he can comeback. At least Vince looks the part.
Unless India rest Ashwin for a dead rubber, can’t see how he won’t get 50 wickets in the series. England have too many cack handers.

Bijed

International Regular
Ballance can still have a test career just maybe not with England. Got so many issues that it’s hard to see how he can comeback. At least Vince looks the part.
Unless India rest Ashwin for a dead rubber, can’t see how he won’t get 50 wickets in the series. England have too many cack handers.
First 11 tests: 1060 runs @ 62.35, people say he's the long-term replacement for Trott
Next 10 tests: 353 runs @ 18.37, people actually prefer James Vince to him

His stock really has fallen.

I still feel that he'll come back in a few years and give decent service to England, though.