• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Athlai

Not Terrible
Will be interested to see how he progresses in his career. Was his attitude just teenage fearlessness or is he legitimately a prodigy? Reckon Shakib having a genuine world class spinner to compliment him will see his own effectiveness increase drastically.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh have a lot to build on and as I've said before, they're always a handful at home...but I expected them to be better in the ODIs and worse in the tests. It was the other way round this time out. Maybe that says something about how good the Eng ODI set up is these days.

Thing is, it's time for England to make some tough calls out there.

Is Ballance good enough to be in the Eng squad, let alone the test team? I personally do not think he is. Ali needs to be given an extended run in the middle order and used as a part time offy, rather than a front line spinner. Having said that, he is, once again, one of England's top 2 wicket takers in a series. Question is, who will be the full time spinner?? Rashid is an ODI presence but he just hasn't come along as well in tests and I can't see him holding his place. Ansari seems like a bit of a dare. Like someone in the selection panel just dared the rest to make the clumsiest pick they could. Is it time for Leach? Maybe yet another come back for Batty?

Then there's the batting dilemma. Duckett can be fluid but is entirely inexperienced. Plus, as usual, most of the batsmen look like they are playing with concrete feet against the spinners. Then again, are there better alternatives in the domestic scene for a long tour of Asia?
Duckett should be the least of England's worries. He has shown he's good enough opening in spinning conditions and not based on this innings only, he played well in ODIs too.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interested to see how he progresses in his career. Was his attitude just teenage fearlessness or is he legitimately a prodigy? Reckon Shakib having a genuine world class spinner to compliment him will see his own effectiveness increase drastically.
Definitely going to help Shakib. Seeing as though for years he was a one man bowling attack who had to bowl 40 overs an innings to have a good partner at the other end will be a massive boost to him. Be massive if they get the paceman fit too, all of a sudden if they have 3 fit quality bowlers they won't just be a dangerous side at home.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Definitely going to help Shakib. Seeing as though for years he was a one man bowling attack who had to bowl 40 overs an innings to have a good partner at the other end will be a massive boost to him. Be massive if they get the paceman fit too, all of a sudden if they have 3 fit quality bowlers they won't just be a dangerous side at home.
Still reckon they're short a decent batsman to go at four

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
-
Mahumdullah
Shakib
Rahim

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
-
Mahumdullah
Shakib
Rahim
As discussed if they had a decent keeper they could move Mushy to 4. Or alternatively given how well the under 19's have done do they have any prospects who could come in?

Over to AZH as Pews will get them in a muddle.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Funny how I was saying to a work colleague yesterday that betting on cricket offers a lot of opportunities because the market can go nuts and today Bangladesh went out to 4.5.

Hope Zaltz doesn't drink too much tonight.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
You're forgetting that one time Herath called him a solid bloke.

sorry

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

Tamim
Imrul
Mominul
-
Mahumdullah
Shakib
Rahim
For the NZ series, think Mullah will still bat at 4. Team for NZ test,

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Mominul
4. Mullah
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Shabbir
8. Miraz
9. Taskin
10. Mustafiz
11. Shahid/ Abu Hider

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Both the ODI and Test series should've been 2-1 and 2-0 in Bangladesh's favour, but unlike England, Bangladesh have played little Cricket this year, and just got returned to Cricket after a long break. The minnow tag can "officially" be removed now – thank-you very much. England should be embarrassed I am sorry 2 say. They have played so much Test Cricket this year whereas Bangladesh have not played any Test Cricket before this series for well over a year. Not only that, but this England XI have far more test match experience compared to the Bangladesh XI. I know England have been missing some key players, but Bangladesh have been missing their 6 best fast bowlers in Mashrafe, the 'fizz', Taskin, Rubel and Al-Amin. They have even missed Nasir Hossain who is a "pivotal" all-rounder. Bangladesh's fast bowlers hardly done anything in these 2 test matches, so it would be easy to imagine what would have happened had to England had their main fast bowlers come onto play. Congratulations BD.

Athlai

Not Terrible
For the NZ series, think Mullah will still bat at 4. Team for NZ test,

1. Tamim
2. Kayes
3. Mominul
4. Mullah
5. Shakib
6. Mushfiq
7. Shabbir
8. Miraz
9. Taskin
10. Mustafiz
11. Shahid/ Abu Hider
Yeah I'd back this as the best current side but in terms of "Test class" options, they're running 3 top order players, and 3-4 genuine 5,6,7 options.