• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quoting for prosperity. India's batting is strong but they haven't got Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman any more. They've got Kohli who's good at times in Test cricket but nothing more than that. A few other guys with good records, would expect Rahane to have a very good career. The difference is the spin bowling and home conditions.
And the respective (Bangladeshi and Indian) batting line-ups. Might not have those ATGs you mentioned, but there's a huge difference between those two batting lineups. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Zinzan

**** yeah......I'll have a piece of that!!

I'm confident that Stokes is going to gun it.
We're on. The only qualifier from my end is that he plays at least 4 of the 5 tests, just in case he has one good test and gets injured. All good? You win if he averages <40 with the ball. I was going to say an arbitrary figure like 38, but 40 is fine.

Motorwada

Banned
Quoting for prosperity. India's batting is strong but they haven't got Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman any more. They've got Kohli who's good at times in Test cricket but nothing more than that. A few other guys with good records, would expect Rahane to have a very good career. The difference is the spin bowling and home conditions.
The main batting might not be as good as old times but the greater batting ability of the tail compensates for that I believe. Ashwin, Jadeja and Bhuvneshwar is a pretty strong tail. I believe it is second only to England in recent times. And thing is unlike England the batting ability of this tail is a bonus. These three would be in the side as pure bowlers.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Suddenly a fantastic bowling partnership, and everyone stopped complaining about selection...but no worries, those comments will come back as soon as (and if) Bangla start to plat well again

O and I am being the worst troll poster by pointing out the truth again

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

The current Indian batting line up is stronger than the bunch of has beens we beat over there last time with Swann and Panesar. Our spin attack is far weaker and their batting is better, the current lot aren't better players than the side we beat but they were over the hill as a unit and struggled because of that.

Zinzan

Suddenly a fantastic bowling partnership, and everyone stopped complaining about selection...but no worries, those comments will come back as soon as (and if) Bangla start to plat well again
Broad would have got 8-15 and Bangers all out for 40 if he was playing...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And the respective (Bangladeshi and Indian) batting line-ups. Might not have those ATGs you mentioned, but there's a huge difference between those two batting lineups. Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.
You can put Stokes up against anyone or any pitch, he's going to take wickets and score runs.

Zinzan

You can put Stokes up against anyone or any pitch, he's going to take wickets and score runs.
Well see, the main series isn't far away.

I don't think he'll do badly or anything, but I'll be surprised if he's rips through them like he has Bangers, I predict in the 5 tests he'll finish with figures of about 13 wickets @ around 50 with the ball.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
We're on. The only qualifier from my end is that he plays at least 4 of the 5 tests, just in case he has one good test and gets injured. All good? You win if he averages <40 with the ball. I was going to say an arbitrary figure like 38, but 40 is fine.
Yep, I'm happy with the 4 test minimum. I month from end of series.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well see, the main series isn't far away.

I don't think he'll do badly or anything, but I'll be surprised if he's rips through them like he has Bangers, I predict in the 5 tests he'll finish with figures of about 13 wickets @ around 50 with the ball.
I don't see India preparing roads, even then I don't see Stokes averaging 50. It is the touring spinners that often end up with that sort of horror average. Seamers generally average 30-40.

Anyway, England doing okay lately...