• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in Bangladesh 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This collapse makes me wonder how NZ would travel in Bangladesh in a test series atm. Would be pretty even imo, Banger's possibly slight favs in their own backyard with NZ batsmen's problems against spin.

91Jmay

International Coach
This is as good as it gets from Stokes. Just so special.

Woakes needs to back it up now in a big way. Tailenders in brings Rashid into the game slightly as well.

Zinzan

One the bright side; Stokes might be peaking now and will get tonked by India and AshWIN
Can't see Stokes troubling Indian batsmen much on their pitches, even if he's bowling well, but time will tell. Huge upgrade bowling against Bangs middle order and India's.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Probably his batting average, given that seems to be the only relevant criteria in England selecting spin bowlers.
This is such a stupid decision, I mean someone with Batty's experience should have been playing this game. England are being too defensive here.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see Stokes troubling Indian batsmen much on their pitches, even if he's bowling well, but time will tell. Huge upgrade bowling against Bangs middle order and India's.
If Stokes is getting it reverse he is going to trouble any batting lineup. That's not over hyping him.....but I don't think there is a side around that plays the swinging ball well.

Question is if the Indian wickets will be dry enough to allow for reverse........you'd think they would.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Some spell.

Hope we don't put Stokes straight back on, the bloke will snap. Could do with Broad about now...

Zinzan

If Stokes is getting it reverse he is going to trouble any batting lineup. That's not over hyping him.....but I don't think there is a side around that plays the swinging ball well.

Question is if the Indian wickets will be dry enough to allow for reverse........you'd think they would.
Oh there's reverse swing in Indian...don't worry about that. NZ couldn't keep the ball dry enough to achieve it, but the Indian seamers were getting a bit at times and I'm sure if Cook has this non-sweating thing going on, his bowler will too on occasions.

That said, I'll happily offer an avatar challenge for a month that Stokes will average over 40 with the ball in the Indian series if you wan't a piece of of that.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quoting for prosperity. India's batting is strong but they haven't got Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman any more. They've got Kohli who's good at times in Test cricket but nothing more than that. A few other guys with good records, would expect Rahane to have a very good career. The difference is the spin bowling and home conditions.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bowling quickly and reverse swinging it troubles any batsmen.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
That said, I'll happily offer an avatar challenge for a month that Stokes will average over 40 with the ball in the Indian series if you wan't a piece of of that.
**** yeah......I'll have a piece of that!!

I'm confident that Stokes is going to gun it.